Bosses in 5 Seconds: Hellfire Citadel LFR – Hellbreach
The first wing of Hellfire Citadel LFR, Hellbreach, opens up today on US realms. It consists of 3 bosses: Hellfire Assault, Iron Reaver, and Kormrok. Our bosses in 5 seconds series focuses on the core points you need to know going into these fights.
Keep in mind that you’ll need a minimum item level of 650 to queue for Hellfire Citadel LFR. This can be accomplished quite quickly by adventuring in Tanaan Jungle.
- When the fight starts, burn Siegemaster Mar’tak to 50% health as fast as possible, while cleaving onto the other adds. One tank on Mar’tak, one on the adds. At 50% health, Mar’tak leaves the battle.
- Don’t stand in the fire!
- Throughout the fight, more adds will spawn, including siege weapons which will damage the Hellfire Cannons. DPS should use the following kill priority:
- Any siege weapon
- Gorebound Terror
- Hulking Berserker
- Everything else
- When a siege weapon dies, it will drop Felfire Munitions. One player must click this item and carry it to one of the two Hellfire Cannons (they have ramps leading up to them near the entrance).
- Once enough Felfire Munitions have been supplied, the encounter is over.
- Ground Phase: The raid should spread out around the boss, 8 yards apart.
- Tanks who get Artillery should run far away from the raid to reduce damage (make sure the other tank taunts).
- DPS and healers need to move out of Blitz and Barrage. The boss has long wind up animations to give you time to move out of its path.
- Use damage reduction and healing cooldowns if the raid’s health gets low during Pounding.
- Air Phase: Iron Reaver launches into the air and takes reduced damage, do not DPS it during this phase.
- All DPS should focus on killing Volatile Firebombs on the ground.
- Players targeted with Artillery should run away from the raid, towards the edges of the room.
- Iron Reaver will lay down a Fuel Streak on the ground. Get out of this before it ignites.
- Move out of the large Falling Slam circle before Iron Reaver lands. The ground phase now repeats.
- Kormrok will empower himself by jumping into the nearest pool of energy and gaining a special ability.
- Tanks should swap for the following mechanics, which change based on the current energy pool: Explosive Burst, Foul Crush, Swat.
- The rest of the raid should stay 4 yards apart for Pound.
- Explosive Energy (orange pool)
- Kormrok will place Explosive Runes on the ground. These must be triggered by a single player running into them. If no one triggers it within 15 seconds, it will blow up on the entire raid.
- Whoever triggers the Explosive Runes should try to use a personal cooldown.
- Foul Energy (green pool)
- Clump up loosely behind the boss during this phase, about 4-5 yards away from other players. The important thing is to not be too far away from the raid.
- All players will be grabbed by Grasping Hands. DPS should use AoE damage to kill these as quick as possible.
- Shadow Energy (purple pool)
- Move away from the shadow pool and dodge Fel Outpouring waves.
- If Kormrok is still alive after using all 3 energy pools, he will start over by using the next closest pool.
If you want more details on these fights, you may also want to check out our class-specific guides:
- Paladin tanking tips for the Hellbreach and Halls of Blood
- Druid strategies for clearing Hellfire Citadel’s Hellbreach
- Retribution Paladin tips for breaching Hellfire Citadel
- Hellfire Citadel 101 for Rogues
- Holy Paladin tips for Hellbreach and Halls of Blood
- Priest healing in Hellbreach and Halls of Blood
- Hellfire Citadel cheat sheet for Hunters
- Hellbreach and Halls of Blood for Warlocks
Join the Discussion
Blizzard Watch is a safe space for all readers. By leaving comments on this site you agree to follow our commenting and community guidelines.