Huge nerfs to Trial of Valor in latest WoW hotfixes
When we found out Nighthold will launch mid-January, CM Orynx also told us Trial of Valor would be getting some “adjustments” to help guilds get through it before the next raid. And now we know just what those adjustments are: across-the-board nerfs to health and damage for all encounters. Most of these nerfs affect all difficulty levels, but a couple specifically dial down Heroic and Mythic. No matter what difficulty you’re trying to clear, this will definitely help you get there faster.
Also in these hotfixes is a minor Winter Veil fix, making the BB King achievement — which required you to hit four of your faction’s leaders with your BB gun (ow!) — available again, with the Varian and Vol’jin requirement removed. Go and get ’em, achievement hunters!
The Trial of Valor changes will be going live with this week’s restarts, so expect them Tuesday for US realms and Wednesday for EU realms.
Trial of Valor
- Reduced the damage of Shatter by 25% on all difficulties.
- Reduced the damage of Stormforged Spear’s tank hit by 25% on all difficulties.
- Reduced Odyn’s health by 10% on all difficulties.
- Reduced Hyrja and Hymdall’s health by 20% on all difficulties.
- Hymdall and Hyrja now once again leave the arena at 85% on Heroic difficulty during Stage 2.
- Reduced Health by 10% on all difficulties.
- Reduced damage dealt by Headlong Charge by 10% on all difficulties. This change does not apply to Trample.
- Reduced damage dealt by Flame Lick on impact on Mythic difficulty by 5%.
- Reduced the health of several enemies in the Helya encounter in Trial of Valor on all difficulties.
- Reduced the number of Taint of the Sea debuffs applied to players on Mythic difficulty by 1.
- Reduced the damage of Tainted Explosion on all difficulties.
- The Feast of Winter Veil Achievement “BB King” now only requires players to pelt three faction leaders to complete.
Join the Discussion
Blizzard Watch is a safe space for all readers. By leaving comments on this site you agree to follow our commenting and community guidelines.