Latest Hearthstone patch paves the way for Year of the Mammoth
Hearthstone released its latest update today. Generally speaking, there’s nothing groundbreaking in the patch notes that we didn’t already know about. The patch contains the Spirit Claws and Small-Time Buccaneer changes detailed earlier this month, as well as the changes to the ranking system, arenas, and more previously outlined in the Year of the Mammoth preview.
Beyond that, the patch also includes some optimization improvements, particularly on Android platforms. You can check out the full patch notes below.
- This update begins preparations for the Year of the Mammoth celebration that kicks off at the end of March.
- Pre-purchase for Journey to Un’Goro, Hearthstone’s latest expansion, is now available! You can pre-purchase 50 card packs and get the Fossil card back for $49.99 USD.
- Ranked Play
- Upon achieving certain milestones in Ranked Play, it will no longer be possible to lose ranks beyond those milestones for that season. The milestones are Rank 20, 15, 10, 5, and Legend.
- Creating decks for the Arena will now feature Standard cards only. Arena runs that were started prior to the patch will still include Wild cards.
- Rares, Epics, and Legendaries will be offered more frequently during Arena deckbuilding.
- Spells will now show up with a higher frequency.
- Neutral Basic / Classic cards will appear less often.
- If you own a Golden version of a card, the first copy you draft will be Golden. If you own multiple Golden copies of a card, all copies you draft will be Golden.
- Balance Updates
- Small-time Buccaneer’s health reduced from 2 to 1.
- The mana cost of Spirit Claws increased from 1 to 2.
- Added some memory optimizations.
- Improved matchmaking for new players.
- We are testing an update to the account creation process for mobile players. This will minimize the overhead associated with creating a new Battle.net account, and will be available in limited release.
- Maximum in-game music volume has been capped in order to retain the best audio quality.
- [Android] We made some optimizations to Android distribution, allowing for a smaller install size and smoother patching in the future.
- Bug Fixes
- Resolved inconsistencies in the way that Small Time Buccaneer’s Attack interacts with effects such as those generated by Humility, Keeper of Uldaman, and Crazed Alchemist.
- Resolved an issue where a Kazakus potion spell cards could appear blank when copied by a minion or spell effect.
- Knuckles will now correctly use its effect when under the effects of Misdirection.
- Addressed an issue with the interaction of Wrath’s card draw timing in conjunction with Daring Reporter.
- Snipe will now correctly trigger after Potion of Polymorph.
- Djinni of Zephyrs will now correctly copy spells buffed by spell damage.
- Bouncing Blade will now correctly continue bouncing after clearing a Divine Shield.
- Resolved an issue where seasonal reward cards could take a while to show up in the Collection Manager.
- Searching the Collection Manager with a class name will now correctly display Tri-Class cards.
- Resolved issues that could slow or stop payment authentication when using the in-game Shop.
- Fixed many minor visual issues and some card text inconsistencies.
Join the Discussion
Blizzard Watch is a safe space for all readers. By leaving comments on this site you agree to follow our commenting and community guidelines.