Probius is the next Hero of the Storm
The next hero to hit the Nexus is an unorthodox one. After a teaser yesterday, Probius was announced in the middle of the HGC Western Clash. Hailing from StarCraft, these are one of the most basic Protoss units, used to build most Protoss structures. In the announcement trailer, Probius constructs several pylons in order to lay waste to an unsuspecting team. Screenshots, such as the one below, also show Probius has the ability to deploy walls.
Here is his official trait and ability list:
- Warp In Pylon
- Warp in a Pylon that generates a Power Field and grants vision of the surrounding area. Probius only regenerates mana while inside a Power Field.
- Up to 2 Pylons can be active at a time
- Worker Rush (Z)
- Activate to gain an additional 50% Movement Speed for 5 seconds. Taking damage ends this effect early.
- Passive: Probius moves 10% faster by hovering over the ground.
- Disruption Pulse (Q)
- Fire a burst of energy forward, dealing 150 damage to all enemies it passes through. Hitting the center of a Warp Rift will cause it to explode, dealing additional damage.
- Warp Rift (W)
- Open an unstable Warp Rift at a location that takes 1.25 seconds to arm, which then slows nearby enemies by 20%, lasting 9 seconds.
- Armed Warp Rifts explode when hit by a Disruption Pulse, dealing 261 damage to nearby enemies.
- Photon Cannon (E)
- Warp in a Photon Cannon that deals 95 damage per second. Lasts 11 seconds.
- Must be placed within a Pylon’s Power Field. Deactivates if it doesn’t have a Pylon powering it.
- Pylon Overcharge (R)
- Increase the size of Pylon power fields and allow them to attack enemies within it for 110 damage per second. Last 10 seconds.
- Passive: Pylons gain permanent Shields equal to 50% of their maximum Health.
- Null Gate (R)
- Project a barrier of negative energy in the target direction that lasts 4 seconds. Enemies who touch the barrier take 64 damage per second and are slowed by 80% for as long as they remain in contact with it.
Most importantly, to quote Gillyweed, “He’s so cute!”
Probius will arrive on the Heroes of the Storm PTR March 6 and, as with all new heroes, will release to the live game the following week.
Please consider supporting our Patreon!
Join the Discussion
Blizzard Watch is a safe space for all readers. By leaving comments on this site you agree to follow our commenting and community guidelines.