Blizzard Watch Week in Review: Holinka’s out, patch 7.2.5 is in
Happy Friday, everyone! It’s been a news rollercoaster this week, so if you want to catch up on the latest, here’s what we’ve got.
- We hope you’re ready, because the Tomb of Sargeras raid starts opening next week on June 20.
- The new Overwatch Horizon Lunar Colony map will be live next week on June 20, too.
- It’s time to hop into Heroes of the Storm to do the Malthael’s Bargain event before it’s gone on June 26. Don’t worry: it’s not hard, even if you aren’t a Heroes pro. have until June 26th
- — but we still don’t have a release date or a price.
- Destiny 2 is coming to PC — and the Blizzard Launcher — . That’s disappointingly over a month after the console launch.
The Best of Blizzard Watch
- Unfortunately, game designers are never going to make everyone happy. Rossi speculates on why.
- We look at the numbers to find out: are Mythic raiders any different than the rest of us?
Everything you need to know about lore
- Rossi looks at in the latest Know Your Lore.
- in a tinfoil hat edition of Know Your Lore.
- The latest Lore Watch tackles the tempestuous question of .
World of Warcraft
- It’s true: Lead PVP Designer Brain Holinka has left the WoW team. The community has had a lot of responses to Holinka’s departure, from celebrating what they consider to be good news to pondering when gamers will want him back. In the meanwhile, Holinka himself suggests he’ll always be here for us.
- Patch 7.2.5 is here! Plus the known bugs. Plus the undocumented changes. And already seen some WoW hotfixes. And then some more hotfixes. And then more hotfixes. And Tier 20 tuning. And there will be more class and tier 20 tuning coming with maintenance next week.
- WoW’s new Legendary class rings in 7.2.5 are amazing… at least for some of us.
- Artifact Knowledge research doesn’t take four hours… it takes three hours and thirty-six minutes… [email protected] agrees that it reminds them of someone.
- Did you know? This Timewalking weekend is the perfect time (see what we did there?) to grind out Shaohao rep.
- Play nice, everyone. Misbehaving Overwatch player Dafran has been banned for breaking sportsmanship rules.
- You should also play nice because Jeff Kaplan will own you for being a troll.
- This Orisa cosplay is straight-up amazing.
- . There’s really nothing more to say.
Heroes of the Storm
- Malthael has arrived in the Nexus, but otherwise there’s not that much excitement.
- No, Heroes of the Storm doesn’t force a 50% win rate.
- After Ben Brode lays out the difficulties, Matticus ponders whether a tournament mode could work in Hearthstone.
Please consider supporting our Patreon!
Join the Discussion
Blizzard Watch is a safe space for all readers. By leaving comments on this site you agree to follow our commenting and community guidelines.