Latest WoW hotfixes bring on more Karazhan nerfs
The latest round of WoW hotfixes brings with it even more nerfs to Return to Karazhan, focusing primarily on Mythic difficulty. The last round of hotfixes focused on encounters in Upper Return to Karazhan, and this time, most of the attention is focused on Lower. Many of the bosses on Mythic have seen a reduction in either damage or health, along with some ability tweaks.
It’s unclear why Mythic difficulty is getting so many nerfs right now — the dungeon was added to the Group Finder back in 7.2 as a Heroic option, but it’s been available on Mythic difficulty since it was first released in patch 7.1. Regardless, players that haven’t cleared the place on Mythic should find it a little easier to handle now.
In addition, Paladins make a note — Light of Dawn should now be functioning correctly with Aura of Sacrifice. And Priests should be relieved to hear that Harjatan’s Drenching Waters ability will no longer affect them when in Spirit of Redemption form during that encounter. Read on for the full list of hotfixes.
- Light of Dawn now functions correctly with Aura of Sacrifice.
Dungeons and Raids
Cathedral of Eternal Night
- Shadow Swipe damage dealt reduced by 50%.
- Thrashbite the Scornful
- Throw Arcane Tome, Throw Silence Tome, and Throw Frost Tome damage decreased by 50% in Mythic difficulty.
- Timber Smash damage reduced by 25% in Mythic difficulty.
- Fel Portal Guardian health reduced by 25% in Mythic difficulty.
- Dark Solitude initial damage reduced by 90% in Mythic difficulty.
Upper Return to Karazhan
- The Curator
- Arcane Barrage damaged reduced by 30% in Mythic difficulty.
- Static Charge damage reduced by 20% in Mythic difficulty.
- Arc Lightning damage reduced by 20% in Mythic difficulty.
Lower Return to Karazhan
- There are now 2 Arcane Wardens in the Banquet Hall while Teeming is active (was 3).
- Pennies from Heaven damage reduced by 40%.
- Multi-Shot damage reduced by 30%.
- Garrote initial damage reduced by 90% in Mythic difficulty.
- Will Breaker damage reduced by 25% in Mythic difficulty.
- Attumen the Huntsman
- Trampling Stomp damage reduced by 30% in Mythic difficulty.
- Smash from Spectral Journeyman now only hits one target.
- Maiden of Virtue
- Sacred Ground damage reduced by 40% in Mythic difficulty.
- Opera Hall
- Firelands Portal damage reduced by 40% in Mythic difficulty.
- Heat Wave damage reduced by 25% in Mythic difficulty.
The Tomb of Sargeras
- Harjatan’s Drenching Waters should no longer affect Priests in Spirit of Redemption form.
The Desolate Host
- Eternal Soulguards should now cast Sever Soul with much less frequency.
- Players should no longer receive an error if they already have Spoiled Sample in their bags when completing a weekly PvP quest.
Please consider supporting our Patreon!
Join the Discussion
Blizzard Watch is a safe space for all readers. By leaving comments on this site you agree to follow our commenting and community guidelines.