Artifact Knowledge research finishing in 4 hours?

JasonXplosion

Artifact Knowledge research finishing in 4 hours?

Post by JasonXplosion » Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:52 pm

Can't say I'm really a fan of this being implemented, at least for free. I almost would have preferred to have had to purchase an item unlocking that as a feature, with the abundance of Order Resources I had stockpiled. I get that people need to catch up, but this just seems like too much is being handed over too soon.

Thoughts?

Balgair

Re: Artifact Knowledge research finishing in 4 hours?

Post by Balgair » Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:52 pm

I don't have a problem with it; at the old rate, where 3 days seemed to be the lowest I ever saw, it would take someone who just came back from a break (or a new player) 4 months to catch up. Is that really fair? Eh.. no, that means 4 months of getting hardly any artifact power compared with other people and forever being miles behind. Good way to make people unsub again if they feel it's going to take months to catch up.

I've never really understood why some WoW players complain whenever any catchup mechanisms are added, seems pretty common but it doesn't take anything away from those of us who already did it if others are allowed to speed it up a little. Just means we have more people to play with if the barrier to reach a useful level isn't set too high :)

JasonXplosion

Post by JasonXplosion » Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:07 am

Balgair wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:52 pm
I've never really understood why some WoW players complain whenever any catchup mechanisms are added, seems pretty common but it doesn't take anything away from those of us who already did it if others are allowed to speed it up a little. Just means we have more people to play with if the barrier to reach a useful level isn't set too high :)
Because I'm a cantankerous old man, and all the little whippersnappers these days have it easy. I'll have you know, I had to walk to and from school in the snow, uphill, both ways, with ice skates on!

For real though, it just seems too early. I get why the catchup mechanics are put in, but too much, too soon IMO.

Calysia

Post by Calysia » Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:40 pm

Artifact Knowledge is not going any higher than 40 so having a catch-up mechanism now makes sense to me.

Evolution

Post by Evolution » Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:08 am

I really don't understand the fuss over this. It has no negative impact on game play at all. If you are already at AK 40, then your done worrying about it anyway. If not, then it helps get you there quicker.

I have reached it on 2 characters pre patch. All this does is give me more reason to level the 4 other alts that I have sitting at 103-105.

Balgair

Post by Balgair » Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:24 am

JasonXplosion wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:07 am
Balgair wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:52 pm
Because I'm a cantankerous old man, and all the little whippersnappers these days have it easy. I'll have you know, I had to walk to and from school in the snow, uphill, both ways, with ice skates on!

For real though, it just seems too early. I get why the catchup mechanics are put in, but too much, too soon IMO.
:lol:

I don't really think it's too early tbh, I can see it does seem a big speedup, yes, but I just look at the point of view of someone just coming back, and realising that those of us who've been playing all along are getting enormously more AP than they'll see in an incredibly long time. And our alts will too, since we can just buy the tomes and send them over. Making them face a 4 month wait to be able to gain the same amount of AP that we and our newly-dinged alts have right now seems very harsh indeed.

It's not even like we worked hard for it, I had a few months where I hardly played at all due to illness yet I got AK40 on 2 characters, just through doing emissaries when I felt able and hitting a button on the app every few days! So making the process only faster, not any cheaper, doesn't seem a problem to me. At least so far as I'm aware there's no cost reduction? Getting the resources was always the hard part for me on my less-played alt, any new/returning player who can actually get the needed 20k resources (40*500) in the time needed for chain researching deserves the speed boost imo! ;)

Return to “World of Warcraft”