Hearthstone ups the ante (literally) with the pricey Heroic Brawliseum Tavern Brawl
This week’s Hearthstone Tavern Brawl — Heroic Brawliseum — is a strange amalgamation of the Arena and the Ladder. Like Arena, this Brawl has an entry fee, and uses Arena’s “three strikes and you’re out” mechanic. Unlike Arena, there’s no draft. You use Standard constructed decks from your collection. That makes this week’s Brawl both a challenging experience and an expensive way to play.
Tavern Brawl basics
- Name: Heroic Brawliseum
- Description: Make a Standard deck to compete with the best! Stakes are high, the competition intense. More wins means more rewards. Can you make it to 12 wins, or will 3 losses end your run?
- Fun level: 5/10
- Difficulty: 10/10
- Replayability: 5/10
- Format: Standard
- Type: PVP
- Deck: Constructed
- Rewards: Varies based upon how much you win
Step one is to get your wallet. The entry fee is either $9.99 USD/EUR or 1000 in-game gold. Once you paid your entry fee, you’ll start your run. First, you make a Standard deck from your collection and launch your first game. Once in the game, it plays out exactly like a Ladder match. Use your awesome cards and bring your opponent’s life total to zero.
You continue your run by playing additional games until you experience the thrill of twelve victories or the agony of three defeats, whichever comes first. You can stop between games and come back later to continue your run. Every victory increases the difficulty of your next opponent. After four wins, you’re matched up against other players who also have four wins.
Each victory also upgrades the chest your get at the end of your run. Here’s a handy dandy chart of the winnings.
Can you win enough to make the entry fee worth it? If we assume 1 pack equals 100 gold, the the break even point is somewhere around 7 or 8 wins depending on how you want to value the Arcane Dust into your equation.
How to win the Heroic Brawliseum Tavern Brawl
Most Constructed Brawls fall into their own meta, but with this Brawl, the Brawl meta is the exact same as the Ladder meta. You’ll see the same Paladin, Hunter, Demon Hunter, and Druid decks that dominate on the Ladder. Like most Constructed Brawls, the key is building a good deck and piloting it well.
With the price of a loss so high, this is no time to try something off meta. Stick to the tried and true decks. Think about consistency over big plays. Survive and advance should be your mind set.
Here are five decks that have high win rates on the Ladder and should serve you well in the Brawl.
- Deck Code:
- Be sure to check out our helpful guide to the playing this deck before you pay your entry fee.
- Deck Code: AAECAR8C2wmHsAMOqAK1A4cE/gyfpQOipQP7rwP8rwP/ugPczAObzQOizgPG0QO50gMA
- This deck is beautiful in its simplicity. Pour all the damage you can into your opponent’s face and hope he dies before you do.
Aggro Demon Hunter
- Deck Code: AAECAea5AwLMugPaxgMO/acD+a4Di7oD4LwD174D3r4D2cYD98gD/sgD8skD3MwD0c0DgtADxtEDAA==
- The Hunter class already trademarked the Face Hunter name, but this deck has a similar game plan.
- Deck Code: AAEBAQcGm5QD360D47QDxcADk9ADqtIDDEv/A6IE/AT/B5qUA9mtA+iwA7i5A8C5A/bCA/fUAwA=
- Upgrade! your Wrenchcaliber and/or use Doctor Krastinov. Either way, fill your opponent’s deck with Bombs, sit back and enjoy the fireworks.
- Deck Code: AAEBAZICBOQI9q0DrroD9c4DDf4B26UD6LoD7LoD7roDks0Dlc0Dm84DutADvNADk9ED3tED8NQDAA==
- Use your Guardian Animas spell to summon either your Twilight Runners or Lake Threshers. Buff your board with Survival of the Fittest and take over the game.
Are you feeling lucky?
If your main use of Tavern Brawls is to enjoy a rollicking good time where the size of your card collection may not matter much, the only winning play might be to not play. If you’re consistently hitting high ranks on the Ladder and are confident in your abilities, there are some fantastic prizes to be had.
Best of luck to you if you choose to venture in.
Please consider supporting our Patreon!
Join the Discussion
Blizzard Watch is a safe space for all readers. By leaving comments on this site you agree to follow our commenting and community guidelines.