Count your blessings to win this week’s Hearthstone Lunar Blessings Tavern Brawl
Happy Lunar New Year! With Overwatch celebrating the Year of the Ox and World of Warcraft ringing in the Lunar Festival, you knew Hearthstone would get in on the action, too. This week the Lunar Blessings Tavern Brawl is here to ring in the new year in Hearthstone.
Tavern Brawl basics
- Name: Lunar Blessings!
- Description: Celebrate the Lunar New Year! Choose a class and get a random deck, choose an animal to receive its blessing and power!
- Fun level: 5/10
- Difficulty: 5/10
- Replayability: 9/10
- Format: Wild
- Type: PvP
- Deck: Provided
- Rewards: 1 Classic pack
Your only choice will picking your class. You’re then assigned a random deck of class cards and Neutrals. You know what means! It’s time once again time for the RHBA (Random Hearthstone Brawl Autotext): “You’ll find everything from Legendary cards to Basic cards in your deck. You’ll have some class cards and some neutrals, but there are no strict ratios — it’s all random.”
Once the game starts, you’ll have a Discover type choice of three different blessings chosen from a pool of twelve:
- Blessing of the Rat: Whenever you summon a minion that costs (3) or less, give it Reborn.
- Blessing of the Ox: Whenever you summon a minion give it +3 Health.
- Blessing of the Tiger: Whenever you summon a minion give it +1 Attack.
- Blessing of the Rabbit: Whenever you summon a minion that costs (3) or less, give it Rush.
- Blessing of the Dragon: Whenever you cast a spell, add a random Dragon to your hand.
- Blessing of the Snake: Whenever you summon a minion that costs (3) or less, give it Stealth.
- Blessing of the Horse: Your spells cost (1) less.
- Blessing of the Sheep: At the start of your turn, restore three Health to a damaged friendly character.
- Blessing of the Monkey: At the end of your turn, transform a random friendly minion into one that costs (1) more.
- Blessing of the Rooster: Whenever you use your Hero Power, deal two damage to a random enemy.
- Blessing of the Dog: Whenever you summon a minion, give it Deathrattle: Summon a 1/1 Mastiff.
- Blessing of the Pig: Whenever you summon a minion, add a Coin to your hand.
How to win the Lunar Blessings Tavern Brawl
Lean into your chosen blessing. While you won’t know the particulars of your deck, you should be familiar with the basic strengths and weakness of your chosen class. Tiger, Snake, and Dog favor more aggressive gameplay. Those might be good choices for Demon Hunter, Hunter, and Paladin. The Coins from Pig ensure Rogue has an activator for Combo cards. Horse plays well into Mage. Dragon and Ox would fit with Priest.
In this Brawl, persistence is the key
While there’s a high degree of randomness to the Brawl, there are fun strategic decisions as you try to solve your opponent’s board. You never know what crazy card your opponent might have in hand. Different Brawls appeal to different players — you might love all the randomness and crazy outcomes, or you might hate it.
The Brawl is a good way to knock out quests, especially if you’ve got a quest to play a class that’s not your favorite. If you want the card pack, just keep queuing up. Eventually, you’ll get a strong deck with great minions and spells and overwhelm your opponent.
May the RNG dice be in your favor and just roll with it, baby.
Please consider supporting our Patreon!
Join the Discussion
Blizzard Watch is a safe space for all readers. By leaving comments on this site you agree to follow our commenting and community guidelines.