How to get in on the fun of the Lunar Festival
World of Warcraft‘s Lunar Festival comes around every February, roughly mirroring Chinese New Year with Asian-themed toys and gear to collect as you trek across Azeroth to pay respect to the festival elders scattered across the world. This year’s festival runs from February 16th to March 2nd and, while the festival hasn’t received a major revamp for 2015, there are a few additions:
- There are a few new toys on offer: Elune’s Lantern (from the quest Elune’s Blessing) is now a toy, plus you can buy Everlasting Alliance Firework or Everlasting Horde Firework for 25 Coins of Ancestry (depending on your faction).
- The Perky Blaster gives your Perky Pug its own firework. (But is this really a good idea?)
- Engineers have a few new firework schematics to collect: Alliance Firework, Horde Firework, and Snake Firework.
- If patch 6.1 hits while the festival is ongoing, we may see heirloom upgrades for sale, too. On the patch 6.1 PTR, festival vendors sell Ancient Heirloom Armor Casing and Timeworn Heirloom Armor Casing.
- The Lunar Festival has moved beyond the confines of WoW and jumped into Heroes of the Storm, where you can get a 25% Lunar Festival XP boost between now and February 24th.
Looking to get started with this year’s festival? Here are the best resources to collect all of the Coins of Ancestry you need:
- Wowhead’s Lunar Festival guide has everything you need, from elder maps to quest information.
- Though Icy Veins’ guide is from 2014, it gives an excellent rundown of the event and the rewards.
- Wowpedia has a great list of Lunar Festival Elder locations, with directions on how to go from one to the next.
- If you want your Elder locations in-game, the HandyNotes_LunarFestival addonwill add map notes for each unvistited Elder, though you’ll also need HandyNotes for it to work.
Good luck in this year’s hunt for Elders and achievements!
Please consider supporting our Patreon!
Join the Discussion
Blizzard Watch is a safe space for all readers. By leaving comments on this site you agree to follow our commenting and community guidelines.