Patch 6.2.2 PTR patch notes updated
The patch notes for World of Warcraft patch 6.2.2 have been updated with plenty of new information — previously, all we had was a brief summary of the upcoming PVP Mercenary Mode, and flight on Draenor. New changes include adjustments to Timewalking dungeon loot and the addition of a deserter mechanic to Ashran, as well as new weekly quests to help players catch up with the earlier stages of the Legendary quest chain, and plenty more. Read on for the full list of PTR patch notes.
World of Warcraft Patch 6.2.2 PTR
Updated: August 12, 2015
In Development: Flying on Draenor
Flying has been enabled on Draenor for characters that have attained the account-wide achievement, Draenor Pathfinder. To help facilitate testing of this feature, accounts that have not yet obtained the achievement will be able to purchase a Manual of Rapid Pathfinding from Flaskataur in their Garrisons on the PTR.
- Please note there may still be areas or pockets on Draenor where flying has not yet been fully implemented. These areas will be tracked and listed in a forum thread titled “Flight in Draenor – Reported Bugs Thread” on the PTR Discussion forum.
In Development: PvP Mercenary Mode
Players will be able to act as a mercenary for the opposite faction in PvP whenever your faction is experiencing a long wait time to get into Ashran or unrated Battlegrounds. Agents of the enemy faction will appear in your base in Ashran (Stormshield for the Alliance, Warspear for the Horde) and allow you to enter Ashran or Battlegrounds disguised as an enemy player, and actually fight as the opposite faction.
While competing as a mercenary, players will automatically have their race changed into one appropriate for the opposite faction. Players will still be able to earn all the same rewards as winning or losing as their original faction (with the exception of faction-specific achievements).
- This feature is still in development and is not available initially on the PTR. Mercenary Mode will be enabled later in the PTR process.
- See the blog “In Development: PvP Mercenary Mode” for more information.
Raids and Dungeons
New Timewalking Rewards
- Players now receive a Timewarped Badge when they complete a Timewalking dungeon. These badges can be redeemed at new vendors that appear during a Timewalking bonus event. The new vendors sell new toys, new mounts, in addition to gear that scales up to the character’s level at the time of purchase.
Timewalking Loot Changes
- Wrath of the Lich King dungeon bosses now have a chance to drop a Frozen Orb as personal loot while Timewalking.
- Burning Crusade dungeon bosses now have a chance to drop Primal Nether as personal loot while Timewalking.
- Additionally, all Timewalking dungeon bosses that had a chance to drop profession patterns or recipes now have a chance to drop them again if the player has the relevant profession and not learned it yet.
- Skadi the Ruthless in Utgarde Pinnacle now has a very slight chance to drop Reins of the Blue Proto-Drake as personal loot while Timewalking.
- Loken in Halls of Lightning now has a chance to drop a music roll while Timewalking.
- Fixed an issue where players are not added back to the threat list after dropping out of combat and accepting a battle rez.
- Fixed an issue where Hellfire Assault: Spoils of the Assault chest could incorrectly appear to be already open.
- Fixed an issue where Tyrant Velhari could not be clicked on if there is an Ancient Enforcer, Ancient Harbinger, or Ancient Sovereign near her.
- Ashran now has a deserter mechanic. Upon entering, players receive a 10-minute buff called Ashran Tour of Duty. If the player leaves an Ashran match before this buff expires, a 15-minute debuff called Recreant will be applied that prevents entry into another Ashran match.
Legendary Ring Quest Line
- New weekly quests have been added to help players catch-up in earlier stages of the Legendary Ring Quest Line for Highmaul and Blackrock Foundry.
Zones, Creatures, and NPCs
- Steelsnout should now be correctly immune to being trapped by Deadly Iron Trap.
- The interior of the Armory at Stormshield should now be correctly furnished.
- Removed a stack of objects floating outside of the Armory at Stormshield.
- Cartographers have been notified and corrected a spelling error on the world map.
- Weaponsmith Kaul should now be able to repair the player’s equipment.
- Darkmoon Rabbit should now correctly respect loot rules.
- The maximum size of a mount is now capped at 150% of base size for cosmetic effects.
- Tooltips for items that have been empowered or created by Baleful tokens now have a Baleful and/or Empowered tag.
- Baleful Trinkets should now always create an item that has Bonus Armor for Tanking loot specializations, and Spirit for Healing loot specializations.
- Brazier of Awakening should no longer despawn at the end of a raid encounter without resurrecting a raid or party member.
- Dekorhan’s Tusk and Thek’talon’s Talon are now bound to the account rather than Battle.net account.
- Medallion of the Legion is now only usable on Draenor.
- Reins of the Thundering Ruby Cloud Serpent no longer has a reputation requirement with The August Celestials to learn.
- Wild Gladiator’s Insignia of Dominance should now provide the correct amount of bonus Intellect when it’s effect is triggered.
- Pallas’ Apex Predator trait should now correctly counter Aberrations or Furies on garrison missions.
Shipyard and Naval Missions
- Ship equipment items now have “Naval Equipment” in the item tooltip, enabling it to be searchable through the bag search UI.
- Fixed an issue where completing a naval mission at the Naval Command Table did not cause the Garrison Report icon to stop blinking.
- Naval Mechanics: Credit for obtaining Equipment Blueprint: Blast Furnace should now be tracking properly and players should now be able to complete this achievement.
Please consider supporting our Patreon!
Join the Discussion
Blizzard Watch is a safe space for all readers. By leaving comments on this site you agree to follow our commenting and community guidelines.