Diablo Season 6 ending, Season 7 coming in August
Attention, everyone who continually forgets about Diablo 3’s seasonal system: Season 6 is coming to an end this month. If you’re like me, you started the season out thinking “I’ll finish all of these cool seasonal accomplishments this time!” Then segued to “I have plenty of time, I’ll work on it next week.” And now you’re thinking “I still have two weeks, I can probably make that work.” But, again, if you’re like me, you won’t.
Season 6 is coming to a close on July 22 and Season 7 will follow two weeks later, kicking off on August 5. If you were planning to complete the Season Journey or hit level 70 to unlock this season’s transmogs, get to it because you’re running out of time.
Specifically, Season 6 will end on:
- North America: Friday, July 22 @ 5:00 p.m. PDT
- Europe: Friday, July 22 @ 5:00 p.m. CEST
- Asia: Friday, July 22 @ 5:00 p.m. KST
And Season 7 will begin on:
- North America: Friday, August 5 @ 5:00 p.m. PDT
- Europe: Friday, August 5 @ 5:00 p.m. CEST
- Asia: Friday, August 5 @ 5:00 p.m. KST
For those of you who have never been through one of these season swaps, here’s what you need to know.
The Season Rollover
Those who have played through a few Seasons know there has been no shortage of gold, gear, or Paragon levels to earn. So what happens to all that hard earned progress when a Season ends? In short, you get to keep just about all of it.
Here’s a list of all the rewards from this Season you can expect your non-Seasonal heroes to enjoy:
- Seasonal heroes will be converted to either non-Seasonal Normal or Hardcore mode heroes, as appropriate. There’s no need to delete any characters to make room for them; your Seasonal heroes will continue to use the same slot they currently occupy in your roster after the rollover. You’ll also be able to use Season Rebirth to convert any non-seasonal character into a Seasonal, level-one character once the next Season begins.
- Any gold you earn during the Season will transfer to your non-Seasonal heroes.
- Paragon Experience
- The total amount of Paragon experience earned is the amount that rolls over, not your raw total amount of Paragon levels gained.
- For example, if your Seasonal heroes reached Paragon 300, but your current non-Seasonal heroes are already Paragon 400, your new non-Seasonal Paragon level will still be less than Paragon 700 since higher Paragon levels take more experience to earn.
- Blood Shards
- Similar to gold, any Blood Shards you have available at the end of the Season will transfer to your non-Seasonal heroes.
- If your non-Seasonal heroes are currently at the Blood Shard cap, any Blood Shards you earn once the Season ends will temporarily ignore the cap. You can spend these at your leisure; however, note that you cannot pick up any additional Blood Shards until you are below your current cap.
- Items that are currently equipped on a hero or in that hero’s inventory will stay on that hero as it moves to a non-Seasonal game mode.
- Items that are in your Seasonal stash will be sent through the in-game mail system to your non-Seasonal heroes. These items can be claimed by any non-Seasonal hero up to 30 days from the time you first log in after the Season ends. To access these items, enter a game and hit the Mail icon located in the lower-left corner of your screen to open up your inbox.
- Artisan Progress and Recipes
- If your Seasonal Artisans are a higher level than your non-Seasonal Artisans at the end of the Season, their level will transfer to your non-Seasonal Artisans.
- Any recipes you have on your Seasonal Artisans that are not available to your non-Seasonal Artisans will be transferred as well.
- Shared Stash
- Any Shared Stash slots or tabs you purchase during a Season that are not currently available to your non-Seasonal heroes will be transferred accordingly.
- Any achievements or achievement progress made during the Season is automatically applied to your non-Seasonal achievement profile. This happens in real time and does not require the Season to end first. Your achievement point total is also updated appropriately throughout the Season.
- Kanai’s Cube
- After the Season rollover, any Legendary Powers unlocked using Kanai’s Cube on a Seasonal Character will become available on non-Seasonal characters as appropriate.
- At the start of a new Season, Seasonal characters will not have access to any Kanai’s Cube Legendary Powers unlocked during previous Seasonal or non-Seasonal play.
- Season 6 Rewards
- All players who reach level 70 on a hero in Season 6 will unlock exclusive leg and boot transmogrification appearances. These appearances will unlock immediately upon hitting level 70 on a Seasonal hero, and will be available on Seasonal and non-Seasonal heroes alike (even before the Season concludes). To access your new appearances, simply visit Miriam the Mystic and open the Transmogrification tab.
- In addition, players can earn portrait frames and an exclusive pet for completing various chapters of the Season Journey.
Note that all heroes, rewards, and progress will convert to the appropriate non-Seasonal game mode. Any items, gold, Paragon experience, achievements, Artisan levels or recipes, Stash space, and Blood Shards earned on Normal Seasonal heroes with transfer to your Normal non-Seasonal heroes when the season is over. Similarly, anything you’ve earned on Hardcore Seasonal heroes will transfer to your Hardcore non-Season heroes instead.
Season 6 Conquests
Unlike other rewards, Conquests do not roll over at the end of the Season (because they aren’t available to non-Seasonal heroes). This also means that your non-Seasonal Achievement point total will not be affected by any Conquests you earn during a Season.
Season 6 Leaderboards
Once the Season ends, all Seasonal Leaderboards will be wiped and you will be unable to attain new Leaderboard ranks until the next Season begins. The results of the previous Season’s Leaderboards will remain available for viewing in-game. Once the new Season begins, a handy drop-down menu will allow you to swap between the current and previous Season records.
Don’t forget that you can also view current and past Leaderboards right here on our website.
The non-Seasonal Greater Rift Leaderboards will also be wiped sometime after the end of the Season. However, you’ll immediately be able to compete in the currently active Era with your non-Seasonal heroes (including those who have just rolled over), and will not have to wait for the start of the next Season.
Please consider supporting our Patreon!
Join the Discussion
Blizzard Watch is a safe space for all readers. By leaving comments on this site you agree to follow our commenting and community guidelines.