No body blocking fix in today’s Heroes hotfixes
Today’s Heroes of the Storm hotfixes aren’t anything major — just a couple of pages of fixes to heroes and UI — but what’s more interesting is what it didn’t fix. The last patch introduced some crazy collision behavior that lets you shove heroes around, meaning the tanky heroes who would usually body block to prevent escape can now be pushed out of the way. While Blizzard is aware of the issue, that fix is going to be “weeks” coming — so we’ll have to deal with body blocking problems for a while yet.
Check out the full notes on today’s patch below.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the game client to crash on startup for players using DirectX9-class video cards on Vista or later versions of Windows.
- DirectX11: Fixed an issue in which incorrect refresh rates could be applied when using monitors that support multiple refresh rates.
- Note: Monitor refresh rates that are set too low can cause poor perceived framerates.
Heroes and Talents
- Heroes who have unique Mounts, such as Zagara and Anub’arak, will no longer occasionally receive Horse Mounts in-game.
- Fixed an issue in which players who choose the Auto-Select Hero could receive an unowned or incorrect Mount in-game.
- Note: Players may still receive Mount Variations that they have not yet unlocked after choosing Auto-Select.
- Abathur: The Sustained Carapace Talent’s simple tooltip now properly indicates that the Talent increases the Shield amount.
- Azmodan: Bonus Globe of Annihilation damage earned via Taste for Blood can now properly stack up to a maximum of 500 damage, rather than 250.
- Greymane: Fixed an issue that could cause Go for the Throat’s cooldown to be permanently reduced to 60 seconds.
- Leoric: The Healing and damage done by a Drain Hope effect that is applied by the Death March Talent is now consistent with a standard Drain Hope cast.
- Lt. Morales: The Inoculation Talent now properly increases Safeguard’s Damage Reduction to 50% for the first 1.5 seconds of the Ability’s duration.
- Raynor: Heroic Ability cooldowns will now be properly reduced when a Hero is killed after learning the A Card to Play Talent.
- Rehgar: Learning the Blood and Thunder and Hunger of the Wolf Talents will no longer cause Basic Ability cooldowns to be reduced by 4 seconds, rather than 2 seconds, when attacking in Ghost Wolf form.
- Zagara: Enemies caught within Devouring Maw’s area of effect will now be properly pulled inside of the Maw.
- Zagara: Nydus Network’s detailed tooltip now properly lists the maximum number of Nydus Worms that can be active at any given time.
- Abilities with global range can now be properly cast using the minimap when Quick Cast is set to “On”.
- Heroes who are banned during Draft Mode will now properly display their models on the draft screen.
- An “Unmet Requirements” notification will no longer display after finding a match while queued as a party for Unranked or Ranked matchmaking.
- The Healing Fountain Cooldown tooltip will now display its intended description text in non-English game clients.
- Fixed a rare issue that could prevent the player from clicking any buttons on the post-game Summary screen.
Please consider supporting our Patreon!
Join the Discussion
Blizzard Watch is a safe space for all readers. By leaving comments on this site you agree to follow our commenting and community guidelines.