Overwatch holiday event coming December 13
Overwatch has begun teasing a new holiday event set to begin December 13. An invitation was sent to everyone via Twitter:
You’re invited! pic.twitter.com/MQZPZOW4Y1
— Overwatch (@PlayOverwatch) December 6, 2016
The card in the short video features a snowy King’s Row, but observant fans notice the tiles on the ground beneath the card are not from King’s Row, but likely Nepal. The rumor mill is already abuzz with what might be included in this event, spurred on by datamining from a user on the Facepunch forums.
There are 4 new map files, so,
1) There will be an event, like Junkenstein’s Revenge.
2) There will be at least 1 Christmas/Holiday-themed map. There might be up to three. (Possibly celebrating different holidays?)
Assuming items listed in Event_3 are Christmas event items:
3) Everyone will be getting a spray, a voice-line, and a victory pose, just like in Halloween.
4) The following people will also get either a costume, an emote, or a highlight intro:
- Soldier: 76
5) The following people will have two of the following: a costume, an emote, and a highlight intro:
And then there’s Torbjörn… Who is getting an emote, a costume AND a highlight intro. (Santabjörn confirmed?)
While the accuracy of this datamining remains to be seen, fans of Blizzard Entertainment’s games have become particularly adept at scraping every last detail out of the game files. Santabjorn, at least, isn’t far-fetched given this tweet from 2014:
♫ Let it snow! Let it snow! Let it snow! ♫
— Overwatch (@PlayOverwatch) December 24, 2014
Please consider supporting our Patreon!
Join the Discussion
Blizzard Watch is a safe space for all readers. By leaving comments on this site you agree to follow our commenting and community guidelines.