The Queue: The Evil Destiny Within Stardew Odyssey 2
Man, with Mario Odyssey, Destiny 2, The Evil Within 2, and my continued Stardew Valley obsession, I have no idea how to split my time between games this week. And, obviously, the standard rotation of Blizzard games fits in there too.
Time to quit and become a full-time streamer, I guess. It wouldn’t take that long to become self-sufficient, right?
Spooky Q4tQ: What in Horror really scares you, or makes your stomach drop, these days? Ghosts? Ghouls? Mans inhumanity to man?
For me it’s cannibals, especially enthusiastic ones. The Simpsons Halloween ep just did a bit where Homer accidentally started eating himself, and that really got to me. Same with Drew Barrymore eating people in Netflix’s “Santa Clarita Diet”.
You know, I had to think for a while, but I don’t actually know if movies can really — and I mean really — scare me nowadays. If I watch horror movies (and I do), the most I’ll do is start squinting my eyes when it seems like something might jump out. But I can’t remember the last time I actually looked away. In a weird way, being scared like that is a lot of fun for me — it’s a bit of an adrenaline rush, I guess.
Video games, however, are my next hurdle. I don’t love them any less, but they definitely elicit more fear than movies do. There’s something about being the active participant who has to turn the camera toward what might be a jump scare that’s wholly different from knowing the camera will turn no matter what you do. I think it’s easier once I’ve gotten into the groove of things, but the first 30-60 minutes of a horror game is a lot of me yelling obscenities and hate-turning the camera.
I have yet to try VR, but it’s something I would absolutely love to do — Resident Evil VII had good VR support, but VR itself is a bit expensive for a small number of games that really support it at the moment.
The one exception to all of this would probably be the Season 7 premiere of The Walking Dead when Negan did his thing with his baseball bat. I’ve made it through the Hostel and Saw movies, and neither made me sick to my stomach the way that scene did. Maybe it was because I really liked the character, maybe it was because it was a bit too “real” — not that Saw/Hostel are impossible, but what Negan did is both possible and believable — but it just… bleh, I felt sick.
Why are you so compelled to create comment sections that are utterly useless for the next person who has to write it after you?
Because I’m deeply insecure, and having even a little bit of sway over the direction of the comments helps comfort me by giving me the illusion of control in a world dominated by random chance — if only for the briefest of moments.
But here’s a general one for you – if Shadow Priest s became their own class, what would you call it and how would you design its specs?
This is a good one — and possibly worth an article… hmm… — but also one I probably need more time to fully suss out. That being said, I’d probably call the class… uh… Archons? I hate StarCraft for already having Dark Archons, and I know it’s not the perfect nomenclature, but I like the sound of an Archon class so deal with it!
As for specs…
- Void Archon: This would be more or less what we have for Shadow in Legion. It would go all-in on the Void aspect of dark magics, with an emphasis on one’s own sanity.
- Dark Archon: This would be more akin to the original Shadow “fantasy,” in that it would lean more toward psionic attacks. They draw from the Void, but rather than embrace it and sacrifice their own sanity, they use it to disrupt the minds of their victims. This could have a few heavy-hitting cooldowns to make up for the lack of an Insanity mechanic.
- Twilight Archon: The third spec could be something in between the two — yes, I know it’s kind of like Discipline, don’t @ me — and it would have a bigger emphasis on utility than the other two. In my mind, this would be pretty close to the old hybrid classes, which, let’s face it, probably aren’t coming back. All the same, I think it would be cool to have something that could restore mana like in BC, or heal more consistently through VE, or stun/Mind Control/CC better than the other two specs.
So there ya have it. A rough, off-the-cuff approach to what Shadow Priests could be as their own class. Did I miss anything you all would be interested in seeing? And do you have a better name for the class?
Do you think we will be getting subraces in the next expansion? Would blizz make existing players pay for it, or free for a time?
Subraces, yes, I think they’re a good possibility given the recent datamined information. Plus, there’s no way we’ll get a new class, and people have been clamoring for sub-races for ages now. This would be a good way to change up the “new class/race” cadence Blizz has followed.
As for paying for them, I’d imagine they’d be like most new additions — you’ll need to have the actual expansion to play them (at least until 9.0 or something), and you can either start fresh or pay for a race change. There’s absolutely no way Blizzard would give people a free race change, however. I mean, I wish they would, but they want players to play the new content.
Oh, and also money. They want money.
Q4TQ: Are you more excited to see Muse at BlizzCon, or Justin Timberlake at the Super Bowl?
…Do I really need to answer this one? MUSE. I’m excited about MUSE. More excited than I’ve ever been about anything in my life ever, including the birth of my unwanted love-child 4 years from now.
They’re a great band, with even greater live shows. If they’re not your thing, that’s fine — but I’m excited as all h*ck for ’em.
Hi guys. o/ How is everyone?
I’ve been adulting a lot. It’s not as horrific as I’d expected, but…I haven’t had time for video games. =( And of course, unsubbing and deciding I was temporarily done with WoW has only made me want to play WoW. Derp. Got the virtual ticket for BlizzCon though, and am SUPER EXCITED, as usual. Haven’t played 7.3 at all yet, but I’d still say that Legion is probably my favorite expansion so far. (Or maybe it just feels extra-awesome after Warlords…)
Let me ask this: Ignoring your feelings about each expansion *after* actually playing it, what expansion do you remember being the most hyped for? I was definitely superduper stoked for Cata, because it was my first.
I hate to be predictable here, but I’m not sure anything will come close to topping Wrath of the Lich King for me. It had a midnight release at Gamestop (the last expansion before digital pre-purchasing was an option, if I remember correctly), it brought us to Northrend and continued the Warcraft 3 storyline that concluded with a cinematic that gave me chills every time I watched it, and it brought to life (heh) the first new class the game had ever seen.
I don’t really know how to describe it in a way that does it justice, but there was something special about Wrath for me.
Did you pick a bnet avatar? I don’t know who any of these are so I picked the funny looking gnome guy
Not too surprisingly, I went with C’Thun. I will say, I’d love to see more icons become available over time — the initial selection felt more limited than I expected, but it’s not a big deal.
What’s your respawn time?
The first time I really, truly died inside and felt hopeless beyond belief, it took a little over a year to recover and feel alive again. Once I make it out of this most recent I’m-dead-inside fugue, I’ll get back to you with an average.
- What made you START playing WoW? Peer pressure? Curiosity? A dare?
- What is your favorite “Maintenance Activity” – that is, what do you do when you CAN’T play WoW?
- The Blizzard App has selectable icons now… how do you feel about them including icons from Density 2? I admit to feeling odd about it.
- X-Play, actually. Not only was the game’s review hilarious — and I’m still mad I can’t find it anywhere on the internet — but the way they raved about the game over and over made me desperate to try it. Boy, did I have no idea what I was getting into…
- Boring answer, but I like to sleep. Barring that, Netflix and
chillingcleaning my desk space or catching up on writing both keep me busy during downtime.
- I’m indifferent on it. This is how the entire PC community for Destiny 2 will be accessing the game, so it would be weird to not have them. I doubt I’ll use any, but hey, it makes sense to me all the same.
That’s today’s Queue, y’all! No matter what game(s) you may be playing this week, I hope you enjoy them to the fullest!
Also, ONE WEEK UNTIL HALLOWEN AMG!!!
Please consider supporting our Patreon!
Join the Discussion
Blizzard Watch is a safe space for all readers. By leaving comments on this site you agree to follow our commenting and community guidelines.