Overwatch, Hearthstone, and Heroes loot box drop rates revealed in China
Wondering just what your chances are of snagging some sweet loot in Overwatch, Hearthstone, and Heroes? Then you’re in luck, because a new law in China has forced Blizzard to reveal drop rates for purchasable loot boxes. (Sorry, WoW players, but it we still can’t say what your chances are of getting the Ashes of Al’ar.) Here’s exactly what players will get in each game’s random loot boxes.
- Each loot box contains at least one Rare or better item
- An average of every 5.5 loot boxes contains an Epic item
- An average of every 13.5 loot boxes contains a Legendary item
- Each pack contains at least one Rare or better card
- An average of every 5 packs contains an Epic card
- An average of every 20 packs contains a Legendary card
- Each loot chest contains at least one Rare or better item
- An average of every 4.5 loot chests contains an Epic item
- An average of every 17.5 loot chests contains a Legendary item
There’s no word on whether these same drop rates apply to North American and European players, so you may want to take these numbers with a grain of salt. Still, they can give you an idea of what to expect… even if you’ll never know when you’ll nab the exact drop you want.
Please consider supporting our Patreon!
Join the Discussion
Blizzard Watch is a safe space for all readers. By leaving comments on this site you agree to follow our commenting and community guidelines.