Latest WoW hotfixes include Nighthold nerfs, PVP tweaks and more
A new round of patch 7.2 hotfixes have been released, including quite a few gentle nerfs to both the Grand Magistrix Elisande and Gul’dan encounters on several different levels of difficulty. If you’ve been having issues with either encounter, you may want to take a look and see which changes affect your raid. In addition, adjustments have been made to several classes in PVP — note that several of these class changes won’t take effect until after maintenance in each region.
Players working on holiday quests should be pleased to note that you can now properly complete the quest Auchindoun and the Ring of Observance as intended. And Orphan Whistles can once again be used in battlegrounds for those trying to complete the School of Hard Knocks achievement. Read on for the full list of hotfixes.
- Demon Hunter
- Bladedancer’s Grace now correctly improves the critical strike damage of Death Sweep.
- Fixed an issue where Guardian Spirit sometimes fails to trigger on fatal damage.
- Purge mana cost reduced by 20%.
Dungeons and Raids
- All raid adjustments will take effect with restarts in each region.
- Grand Magistrix Elisande
- Slow Time Zones now last 70 seconds on all difficulties (was 60 seconds).
- Fast Time Zones now last 35 seconds on all difficulties (was 30 seconds).
- Damage from Arcanetic Ring reduced to 3 Million on Mythic difficulty (was 3.6 Million).
- Elisande health decreased 5% on Mythic difficulty.
- Gul’dan’s health has been reduced by 5% on Normal, Heroic, and Mythic difficulties.
- Fel Lord Kuraz’mal and D’zorykx the Trapper’s health has been reduced by 10% on Normal, Heroic, and Mythic difficulties.
- Inquisitor Vethriz’s health has been reduced by 10% on Normal and Heroic difficulties.
- Azagrim, Beltheris, and Dalvengyr’s health has been reduced by 10% on Heroic difficulty.
- Chaos Seed missile travel speed decreased slightly on Mythic difficulty.
- Parasitic Wound damage decreased by 10% on Mythic difficulty.
- The Children’s Week quest “Auchindoun and the Ring of Observance” can now be completed.
- Orphan Whistles can now be used in battlegrounds.
- Killing bosses in Cathedral of Eternal Night will now activate the Burden of Power set bonus from Return to Karazhan.
Player versus Player
- “Something Different” now requires 1 Brawl victory to complete (was 3 Brawl completions)
- “Something Different” now rewards a Soldier’s Legacy token (was a Glory of the Melee).
- Windburst no longer displays ground effects during Arena matches in Blade’s Edge Arena.
- All PvP class changes below will take effect with maintenance in each Region.
- PvP template Mana regeneration reduced by 10%.
- Overgrowth mana cost increased by 33%.
- Deep Rooted now refreshes Rejuvenation, Regrowth, and Wild Growth on targets below 20% health in PvP situations.
- All specs
- Temporal Shield can no longer be cancelled before its duration expires.
- All specs
- PvP Template Versatility increased by 30%.
- Flash Heal healing increased by 60% in PvP situations.
- PvP template Stamina reduced by 15%.
- Soul Skin increases Soul Link’s split to 30% in PvP situations (was 40%).
- Duel’s duration reduced to 6 seconds (was 8 seconds).
- Duel’s cooldown increased to 60 seconds (was 25 seconds).
- Disarm’s duration reduced to 4 seconds (was 6 seconds).
- Disarm’s cooldown increased to 45 seconds (was 30 seconds).
Please consider supporting our Patreon!
Join the Discussion
Blizzard Watch is a safe space for all readers. By leaving comments on this site you agree to follow our commenting and community guidelines.