How to get to Eastern Kingdoms from Kalimdor (and back again) in WoW Classic
In WoW Classic, travel is all done on foot. If you’re lucky enough to get a mount — at level 40, mind you — you can get around a little faster, but you can’t very well take a horse across the ocean. Whether you want to try out a new questing zone or your quests are taking you all over the place, here are all the ways you can travel between Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms as Horde or Alliance.
Hop on a boat
The Alliance favors boats to get them from place to place, and as an Alliance player you have two faction-controlled options to go between the two continents. Simply find your requisite side of the dock to take the appropriate boat.
- The Bravery: This boat will take you from Auberdine in Darkshore (northwest Kalimdor) to Menethil Harbor in the Wetlands (middle of Eastern Kingdoms). It docks on the left side in Auberdine and the right side in Menethil Harbor.
- The Lady Mehley: This boat will take you from Theramore in Dustwallow Marsh (middle of Kalimdor) to Menethil Harbor in the Wetlands (middle of Eastern Kingdoms). It only has one dock in Theramore, but docks on the left side in Menethil Harbor.
To get to these boat locations, flight points are available in Auberdine, Theramore, and Menethil Harbor. However, you’ll need to know all the flight points along your path in order to fly there.
Take the scenic route on a zeppelin
Horde players get to soar through the skies on a flying zeppelin in Horde-controlled areas. Simply climb up the zeppelin tower and find the zeppelin masters to take the right flight.
- The Thundercaller: This zeppelin will take you from Durotar, outside Orgrimmar (Kalimdor), to Tirisfal Glades, outside Undercity (northern Eastern Kingdoms). This will be the one with Frezza or Zapetta.
- The Iron Eagle: This zeppelin will take you from Durotar, outside Orgrimmar, to Grom’gol Base Camp in Stranglethorn Vale (southern Eastern Kingdoms). This will be the one with Snurk Bucksquick or Nez’raz.
To get to these zeppelin locations, flight points are available in Orgrimmar, Undercity, and Grom’gol. However, you’ll need to know all the flight points along your path in order to fly there.
Hitch a ride with the Neutral Goblins
There is one path between Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms that both factions can take. If you’re on a PVP server, take caution — both these areas are historically heavily contested.
- The Maiden’s Fancy: This boat will take you from Ratchet in The Barrens (middle of Kalimdor) to Booty Bay in Stranglethorn Vale (southern Eastern Kingdoms).
Both factions can access the flight points in Ratchet and Booty Bay. Like the others, you’ll need to already have learned all the flight locations along your path in order to fly all the way there.
Make friends with a Mage
If time is of the essence and you want a quick trip, higher level Mages can port players to the various capitol cities. For Alliance, Mages get portals to Stormwind and Ironforge at level 40, and Darnassus at level 50. For Horde, Orgrimmar and Undercity are available at level 40, with Thunder Bluff at 50.
WoW Classic is all about the journey, but hopefully these ways to travel lessen a bit of that time for you. If you’re bored or feeling particularly frisky, you can also head over to the opposite faction’s boat or zeppelin locations. There is nothing actually preventing Alliance from riding zeppelins or Horde from riding the boats, as long as you can make it past the guards and any enemy players who take umbrage with your presence.
Please consider supporting our Patreon!
Join the Discussion
Blizzard Watch is a safe space for all readers. By leaving comments on this site you agree to follow our commenting and community guidelines.