Latest WoW hotfixes roll back most Shadow and Havoc nerfs
Wow. Remember those Shadow Priest and Havoc Demon Hunter nerfs in the last hotfixes? In the latest hotfixes, most of them are — in the immortal words of Ghostcrawler — GONE. With these hotfixes, Blizz has weighed your feedback and have tweaked classes accordingly. Find the full notes below.
Developer’s Notes: After carefully considering the constructive feedback we’ve received over the weekend, we’ve made some revisions to this week’s tuning. The class changes listed in this hotfix update, as well as those from the previous update will be applied during weekly maintenance in each region. Note that several changes from the previous update have been altered or removed, which is indicated by a
strikethrough in the notes below.
- Bloodlet (Talent) now deals 150% of initial Throw Glaive damage.
- Quickening (Talent)’s maximum stacks are now 50, and it will not refresh its duration once at 50 stacks.
- Mind Sear damage increased by 80% and Insanity generation increased by 50%.
- Mind Flay damage increased by 20%.
- Mind Spike damage increased by 28%.
- Void Ray maximum stacks reduced to 4.
- Developers’ Notes: Given the damage increase to Mind Sear, Mind Flay, and Mind Spike, this still results in an overall increase to the value of the talent.
- Voidform stacks no longer increase while Dispersion is active.
- Developers’ Notes: We would prefer that Surrender to Madness not be as dominant as it is, and that it can’t be extended for quite so long. However, addressing this further would require significant changes to the spec beyond what we want to do in a tuning pass at this time. We will look for an opportunity to take a more comprehensive look at this issue in a future patch.
- Queen Ascendant (Artifact trait) is no longer consumed when a queued healing spell is immediately triggered.
- Fixed a bug that prevented Rain of Fire from always doing all 8 ticks of damage on PvE and PvP targets.
- Tactician proc rate increased by 15%.
- Hamstring no longer procs Tactician.
- Exploit the Weakness (Artifact Trait) bonus reduced to 4% per point.
- Suramar NPCs should no longer remove a player’s stealth at the start of their Arcane Investigation casting.
- Interacting with Nomi should now take priority when his area is crowded.
- Engineering: The Reaves version of the Failure Detection Pylon should now work properly.
- Strike from the Shadows is now a snare, instead of a daze.
Join the Discussion
Blizzard Watch is a safe space for all readers. By leaving comments on this site you agree to follow our commenting and community guidelines.