Legion Beta: Class Hall followers datamined
Though Legion‘s beta isn’t playable yet, the client hit Blizzard’s CDN (that’s a content delivery network, for those of you who aren’t familiar with the term) last night, which means dataminers have been in a frenzy ever since. One of the most interesting sets of data from the client is a small collection of Class Hall followers. They’re few in number for the represented classes so far, and of those few, fewer still have flavor descriptions — but let’s take a look at what we’ve got.
Spoiler alert: we’re about to talk about who’s been discovered thus far, so if you don’t want to know, don’t read on.
Where there’s a slash between follower listings, that means one replaces the other depending on your faction. In the first example below, Alliance players will recruit Thassarian, but Horde players will recruit Koltira Deathweaver.
- Thassarian / Koltira Deathweaver
- Thassarian was a soldier of Lordaeron, serving under prince Arthas Menethil on the campaign to Northrend. He was slain by his former commmander, Falric, and reborn as a Death Knight in service to the Lich King. After the battle of Light’s Hope, he departed to Stormwind to convince King Varian Wrynn to accept the Knights of the Ebon Blade as allies. After spending some time serving in the armies of the Alliance, he desires to fight once more for a greater cause and has returned to the Ebon Blade to join the battle against the Legion.
- Koltira was raised into undeath as a Death Knight after being slain by the knight Thassarian. Despite death at Thassarian’s hand, they treated each other as friends until they found themselves on opposing sides in the Battle for Andorhal. In this battle, they held a truce that prevented outright hostilities until Sylvanas Windrunner became involved and he was cast into the Undercity by the Bainshee Queen. When asked about this, Koltira refuses to speak any further.
- Highlord Darion Mograine
- Formerly a paladin in service to the Argent Dawn, Darion Mograine sacrificed himself in order to stop the advance of the scourge, yet his lifeless body was turned into a death knight by the lich Kel’Thuzad. As a Death Knight he led the forces of the Ebon Blade into an attack upon Lights Hope chapel in which it was revealed that the attack was a suicide mission in order force the paladin Tirion Fordring out of hiding. Enraged that he and his fellow knights were being wasted, he was able to break free of the Lich King’s control and led the Ebon Blade in their quest of vengeance. Quiet and intense, Mograine studies his foes carefully and inflicts pain upon them by any means possible.
- Lady S’theno <Coilskar Captain>
- Kayn Sunfury <Illidari>
- Altruis the Sufferer
- Altruis cares little for the traditional company of his own people. The Sufferer prefers the company of his nether drake Nethrandamus and the thrill of diving into the fray on his own. However, he is no fool, and is willing to work alongside those who prove to him that they can keep pace with his exceptional skills.
- Allari the Souleater
- Allari has long since mastered the blood elven crystals used to trap and manipulate fel energies. She uses the Scythe of Souls to reap the demonic in unthinkable ways – the information and power she’s extracted has already proven invaluable numerous times in key battles against the Legion. Tired with the Illidari’s lack of progress against stopping the flow of demons into Azeroth, Allari seeks someone new to follow who can put her power to proper use.
- Emmarel Shadewarden <Unseen Path>
- Emmarel Shadewarden was a young Sentinel when the Unseen Path was founded. Like her mentor, Namuria Gladesong, Emmarel believed that the night elves had a duty to protect Azeroth from the inevitable return of the Legion. After her order was all but wiped out in the War of the Shifting Sands, Emmarel kept the Unseen Path small and secluded, watching for the day when it should rise again. During the long years of her vigil, Emmarel studied the ways of the beast master. She is never far from the wings of her beloved eagle companion, Snowfeather.
- The Great Akazamzarak
- A master of portals and summoning with a seemingly unlimited supply of rabbits. Also great at parties!
- Mog’dorg the Wizened
- A leader of the great ogre civilizaion of Ogri’la, Mog’dorg will bring his faction of ogre mages to bear against the Legion.
- Though only a whelp by dragon standards, Zeros is still a powerful practitioner of the arcane arts.
- Chen Stormstout
- Li Li Stormstout
- Born upon the Wandering Isle, Li Li has an insatiable thirst for adventure and exploration. Against the wishes of her father, she left the Wandering Isle behind to join with her uncle Chen. Together, they traveled the world in search of the homeland of their people, Pandaria. Li Li is both an experienced herbalist and a martial artist who never backs down from a fight.
- Lord Maxwell Tyrosus
- Lord Maxwell Tyrosus was one of the first to join the Argent Dawn, and quickly rose through the ranks to great prominence, second only to Tirion Fordring himself. Whether he was fighting against the scourge of Naxxramas or the very lord of the Scourge, Tyrosus has always remained a steadfast leader and a true champion of the Light.
- Lady Liadrin
- Lady Liadrin has been called many things — zealous, arrogant, short-tempered — but the Blood Knight Matriarch has never been bothered by such pleasantries. Call her what you will, but in Liadrin’s eyes there is precisely one thing that matters: the complete and utter destruction of the Burning Legion.
- Aponi Brightmane
- Aponi Brightmane, leader of the nascent Sunwalker paladins, united her people around a thirst for truth and understanding. What is the true nature of the Light? Why does it grant us its strength? Aponi intends to answer her burning questions, but she has no problem in casting aside anyone or anything that gets in her way.
- Vindicator Boros
- The Hand of Argus was once a mighty order of draenei paladins dedicated to protecting their people from their Legion hunters. Their numbers have yet to fully recover from the slaughter in Draenor at the hands of bloodlusted orcs, but Vindicator Boros refuses to let their legacy die. He has dedicated himself to renew their sacred vows at all costs.
- Lilian Voss
- Vanessa VanCleef
- Most think to this day that the infamous leader of the Defias Brotherhood died in the Deadmines years ago thanks to an elixir that mimicked death and flame retardant armor. In truth, the wayward daughter of Westfall found her way into the secretive order of the Uncrowned, where her anti-government motives were well at home. She quickly rose through the ranks to the mysterious Shadows, poised to finally have the means to enact her revenge.
- Lulubelle Fizzlebang <Council of the Black Harvest>
- As a member of the great Fizzlebang family of summoners, Lulubelle will be able to bring stronger demons to your cause. Just hope she doesn’t summon something too big.
- Ritssyn Flamescowl <Council of the Black Harvest>
- The last remaining member of the Council of the Black Harvest. With Risstyn’s help you can begin rebuilding the Council to its former glory.
- Commander Lynore Windstryke / Nazgrel
- A veteran of many wars, Lynore was present at the Opening of the Scarab Wall and continued on as an elite 7th Legion commander in Northrend. With that campaign over, she has returned to assist with the Legion threat. Lynore attempts to protect others with a reckless and furious assault designed to focus attention on herself.
- Liberated from the internment camps by Thrall, Nazgrel has been a loyal and skilled commander of the Horde for years. His last assignment was Thrallmar, but with the Legion invasion he has returned to save Azeroth. A grim warrior, Nazgrel fights with tactics and excellent command of arms.
- A veteran of three wars and countless battles, Eitrigg has faithfully served the Warchiefs of the Horde for his entire life. Seeing the true threat of the Legion he has decided to work with anyone that has the will and strength to save Azeroth.
No data yet exists for Shaman, Priests, or Druids. So far, two followers for each of the currently represented classes have known associated quests, which you can view on Wowhead. Whether only two followers of each class will actually have recruitment quests or not, it’s far too early to say — the beta hasn’t even truly begun.
Personally, I’m thrilled to see the return of both Lilian Voss and Vanessa VanCleef for the Rogue class. Both were presumed dead, and what’s a shadier act than faking your own death so you can continue your dirty dealings undetected? I find Lynore Windstryke an odd one for Warriors, though, as I always assumed she was either a Rogue or a Hunter. She wielded daggers back in vanilla WoW, and unless I’m terribly mistaken, wore a Hunter armor set in Wrath of the Lich King. Heck, maybe Warrior is fitting — she’ll kick your butt with whatever she can get her hands on.
Those Mage followers, though? Ehhhh.
For further details on these followers and, in some cases, how to acquire them, head over to Wowhead.
Please consider supporting our Patreon!
Join the Discussion
Blizzard Watch is a safe space for all readers. By leaving comments on this site you agree to follow our commenting and community guidelines.