Legion Beta: Datamined professions data reveals new raw materials and recipes
For the Herbalists, Scribes, and Alchemists we have the names of the Legion herbs:
- Starlight Rose
For Enchanters, there is confirmation of new Word, Binding, and Boon enchants mentioned at BlizzCon. I’m particularly intrigued by these new Mark enchants that will summon different kinds of help:
- Mark of the Loyal Druid (Rank 1): Permanently enchants a necklace to periodically summon a Loyal Druid that will assist and protect you. The druid’s strength can be augmented by high-level ring and cloak enchantments.
- Mark of the Fallen Sentinels (Rank 1): Permanently enchants a necklace to periodically summon a rain of arrows upon your target. This attack’s strength can be augmented by high-level ring and cloak enchantments.
- Mark of the Trickster (Rank 1): Permanently enchants a necklace to periodically summon a satyr that will assist and protect you. The satyr’s strength can be augmented by high-level ring and cloak enchantments.
Also mentioned in that BlizzCon panel, recipes will have ranks. The higher the rank, the less material it takes to create that item and the shorter the cooldown. For gathering professions, it’s likely higher ranks will get you more materials per gather.
For Miners, Engineers, and Blacksmiths, three new kinds of ores, Leystone, Brimstone, and Felslate. Also, three ways of mining them: Deposits, Seams (the new rich nodes?), and from creatures. There’s four ranks for mining from each.
For Skinners and Leatherworkers, three new skinnable leathers, Stonehide for leather armor, Stormscale for mail and Fel Hide for maybe Demon Hunters with three ranks of skinning for each. There’s also three rare items you can obtain from skinning: Unbroken Tooth, Unbroken Claw, and an “odd-shaped stomach.” And there is an ability that lets you get extra meat from skinning a Legion beast as well as a Skinning Knife that works up to 40 yards away.
That’s it for now, unfortunately, unless I’ve missed something in this massive list. More to come when the Legion beta goes live and the game files are updated again.
EDIT: Wowhead has updated their page with many new recipes. Here are a few highlights:
- Cauldrons are back for Alchemists for easier raiding
- Blacksmiths can forge a Hoofplates that will increase mount speed by 20%
- Blacksmiths can forge an 8-set armor of Leystone
- Engineers can craft both headguns and gunshoes as well as an upgraded Blingtron.
- Inscriptionists are losing Major Glyphs since they are being removed from the game, but they will be able to create runes that will increase your damage against Legion raid bosses
- Jewelcrafting has a new set of gems, rings, and neckware as well as lockpicks
- Leatherworkers will be making, along with the usual armor, pet beds, pet whips, and pet leashes.
- Tailors are getting silkweaving with very few details other than the name and the basic set
- First Aid is getting a pump-action gun to allow you to heal an ally up to 40 yards away
- Fishing is getting many new lures and bait that will draw in not only ghost fish, but murlocs!
Please consider supporting our Patreon!
Join the Discussion
Blizzard Watch is a safe space for all readers. By leaving comments on this site you agree to follow our commenting and community guidelines.