How to get unique cosmetic Hearthstones in WoW
A standard piece of equipment given to all World of Warcraft players at the beginning of their journey is the Hearthstone — an item that teleports to an inn of your choice. Over the years, the Hearthstone’s function stayed the same but different versions were added to give them a more varied, unique feel.
Certain World Events and sub-factions offer themed Hearthstones as Toys which add a cosmetic flair or effect related to their source activity. While these live in the Toy Box, effectively freeing a spot in your bags, they still function the same as your regular Hearthstone by binding to your current inn. Collecting new Hearthstone Toys won’t let you bind to more locations — it just adds a little flavor to the existing function.
Whether you’re a collector, completionist, or just want to mix it up a bit, here are the different Hearthstones currently available to obtain and how to get them. We’re not including Hearthstones you can’t get right now, like past expansion rewards.
World Drop and Holiday Hearthstones
Some of the Holiday World Event vendors sell Hearthstone toys with a unique cast for varying amounts of event currency.
- Lunar Elder’s Hearthstone — sold by Fariel Starsong in Moonglade for 30 Coin of Ancestry
- Peddlefeet’s Lovely Hearthstone — sold by the Lovely Merchant in each capital city for 150 Love Tokens
- Noble Gardener’s Hearthstone — sold by the Noblegarden Merchants in Horde starting areas and the Noblegarden Vendors in Alliance starting areas for 250 Noblegarden Chocolate
- Fire Eater’s Hearthstone — sold by the Midsummer Merchant in Horde capital cities and by the Midsummer Supplier in Alliance capital cities for 300 Burning Blossom
- Brewfest Reveler’s Hearthstone — sold by Larkin Thunderbrew and Belbi Quiskwitch in Ironforge and Ray’ma and Blix Fixwidget in Orgrimmar for 200 Brewfest Prize Tokens
- Headless Horseman’s Hearthstone — sold by Chub in the Undercity and Dorothy in Elwynn Forest for 150 Tricky Treats
- Greatfather Winter’s Hearthstone — drops from a Gently Shaken Gift
If you have the time to kill, you can also earn a Maw-influenced Hearthstone from Torghast, Tower of the Damned.
Each of the Covenant Quartermasters in Shadowlands offers a Covenant Hearthstone toy when you reach Renown Level 11. However, you can only use the Hearthstone of your currently pledged Covenant, so while it may be nice for alts to collect them all, don’t expect to alternate on a single character every time you hearth.
- Kyrian Hearthstone — Adjutant Galos at the Elysian Hold, Bastion
- Night Fae Hearthstone — Elwyn at the Heart of the Forest, Ardenweald
- Necrolord Hearthstone — Su Zettai at the Seat of the Primus, Maldraxxus
- Venthyr Sinstone — Chachi the Artiste at Sinfall, Revendreth
Meanwhile, as part of the Dragonflight Toy Box, you can earn a Hearthstone related only to the Maruukai Centaur — at least for now.
- Ohn’ir Windsage’s Hearthstone — rewarded for completing the Honor Our Ancestors achievement in the Ohn’ahran Plains
Warlords of Draenor and Legion offer Hearthstones specific to those expansions for completing the introductory campaigns of each expansion. Unlike typical Hearthstones, they have a set destination you cannot rebind and they take up bag space like a regular Hearthstone.
- Garrison Hearthstone — rewarded for completing the universal faction quest Establish Your Garrison, teleporting you to Frostfire Ridge (Horde) or to Garrison Support (Alliance) in Draenor
- Dalaran Hearthstone — rewarded for completing the universal faction quest In the Blink of an Eye, teleporting you to Dalaran over the Broken Isles
Please consider supporting our Patreon!
Join the Discussion
Blizzard Watch is a safe space for all readers. By leaving comments on this site you agree to follow our commenting and community guidelines.