When is the next Hearthstone mini-set release date?
While we don’t have an official release date yet, we’re confident that the next Hearthstone mini-set will be released around October 2023. This educated guess is based on the release dates for previous expansions and mini-sets. Hearthstone expansions are usually released four months apart from one another, and a mini-set comes right between two expansions.
The next mini-set will be the eighth one ever released for Hearthstone. Previous mini-sets have included:
- The Madness at the Darkmoon Faire mini-set was Darkmoon Races, released January 2021.
- The Forged in the Barrens mini-set was Wailing Caverns, released June 2021.
- The United in Stormwind mini-set was Delve into the Deadmines, released November 2021.
- The Fractured in Alterac Valley mini-set was Onyxia’s Lair, released February 2022.
- The Voyage to the Sunken City mini-set was Throne of the Tides, released June 2022.
- The Murder at Castle Nathria mini-set was Maw and Disorder, released September 2022.
- The March of the Lich King mini-set was Return to Naxxramas, released February 2023.
- The Festival of Legends mini-set was Audiopocalypse, released May 31 2023.
Each mini-set can be purchased with either 2000 in-game gold, or $15 if you decide to go the real money rout. Purchasing a mini-set gives you access to every card that’s included in it — one copy of every Legendary, plus two copies of every non-Legendary card. The last couple mini-sets have also included all-Golden versions, for 10000 in-game gold, or $70, which are composed Golden versions of every card and an extra Diamond Legendary.
Every card included in a mini-set counts as being part of the actual expansion they’re linked to. This means that even if you don’t purchase the mini-set itself — getting immediate access to those new cards — you’ll still be able to acquire them by opening packs, since cards released in a mini-set become available on the regular packs of that expansion moving forward.
Since mini-sets are usually released in the middle of an expansion’s life cycle, they give developers a chance to make balance corrections to the game. These sets usually add cards that empower archetypes that are under-performing, or introduce counter-play options against certain decks that might be dominating the ladder.
So there you have it: While we’re still missing official confirmation, the usual cadence for sets and mini-sets follows a cycle, which points to a October 2023 release date for the next Hearthstone mini-set.
Please consider supporting our Patreon!
Join the Discussion
Blizzard Watch is a safe space for all readers. By leaving comments on this site you agree to follow our commenting and community guidelines.