How to win the Henchmania Hearthstone Tavern Brawl
It’s hard find good help these days, but we’re here to help with the Hearthstone Henchmania Tavern Brawl, in which the League of E.V.I.L. is on the lookout for some qualified new henchmen.
After unsuccessfully trying out to join The League Of Villainous Evildoers Maniacally United For Frightening Investments in Naughtiness aka L.O.V.E.M.U.F.F.I.N., Dangeraffe and her trusted companion Dangerbil set their sites on joining the League of E.V.I.L.
Luckily for our two aspiring supervillains, the League of E.V.I.L. just happened to be having tryouts for new henchmen. You have to start at the bottom in the supervillain world. Dangeraffe was all on board. But when The Dangerbil found out, she quipped, “Oh no, you did not just tell me to hench.”
Tavern Brawl basics
- Name: Henchmania
- Description: The League of E.V.I.L. is hosting henchman auditions! Do you have what it takes!? Choose who you’d like to work for and get a bonus!
- Fun level: 6/10
- Difficulty: 5/10
- Replayability: 5/10
- Format: Wild
- Type: PVP
- Deck: Provided
- Rewards: 1 Standard pack (can contain any card from any set in the current Standard rotation)
You begin by choosing one of nine special Heroes. These characters appeared in Hearthstone prior to the 2019 initial release of this Brawl, and many have made additional appearances since. Each Hero is analogous to the class, though each comes with a custom deck and a custom Hero Power. Not all of the classes are represented. For instance, there’s no Warlock hero. Some classes have multiple representatives like the many Rogue heroes.
Let’s take a look at your options.
Heroes available in Henchmania Tavern Brawl
- Mr Chu
- Hero Power (1 mana): Shuffle an Explosive into your opponent’s deck
- Hero Power (1 mana): Give a minion Charge
- This was before the introduction of Rush so this is the old implementation of Charge, which can go straight to the face.
- Myra Rotspring
- Hero Power (1 mana): Trigger a random friendly minion’s Deathrattle
- George the Fallen
- Hero Power (2 mana): Give all your minions Divine Shield
- Manhunter Ivan
- Hero Power (2 mana): Put a random Secret from your deck into the battlefield
- Voodoomaster Vex
- Hero Power (passive): Make all Battlecries and Deathrattles trigger twice
- Russell the Bard
- Hero Power (2 mana):Take over an enemy minion with 2 or less Attack
- Sephira Dusktalon
- Hero Power (passive): Any time your opponent casts a spell, draw a spell from your deck
- Raeth Ghostsong
- Hero Power (1 mana): Deals 1 damage to all minions. If any die, refresh this.
Once you pick your hero, you’ll go into the game against another player and their hero. On the first turn of the game, you’ll be presented with a choice of which member of the League of E.V.I.L. to work for. This gives you a permanent aura throughout the match.
- Work for Hagatha: At the end of your turn transform a random friendly minion into one that costs 1 more.
- Work for Dr. Boom: Give all friendly minions Deathrattle: Deal 1-2 damage to a random enemy.
- Work for Togwaggle: After you play a Minion add a Coin to your hand.
- Work for Madame Lazul: After you play a spell, gain a copy of a random card in your opponent’s hand.
The game then proceeds like a normal game of Hearthstone where you use your minions, spells, and Hero power to try to kill your opponent before they can kill you.
How to win the Henchmania Tavern Brawl
There are a couple of excellent combinations for this Brawl.
- Hero: Myra Rotspring
- Work for Dr. Boom
- Dr. Boom gives all your minions a Deathrattle that causes 1-2 damage to random enemy. You then trigger this Deathrattle over and over with Myra’s Hero power.
- Hero: Voodoomaster Vex
- Work for Dr. Boom
- Again, Dr. Boom gives you the damaging Deathrattle. This time, you use Vex’s Hero Power to make it go off twice. The game will likely be over by turn six.
- Hero: Candlebeard
- Work for Togwaggles
- Every time you play a minion, you get a coin. The coin enables your Hero power to give the minion Charge. Essentially, every minion in your deck has Charge. If you get Vicious Fledging down, it is going to be very hard for your opponent to win.
- Hero : George the Fallen
- Work for Hagatha
- George’s Hero power giving his minions Divine Shield makes them rather sticky. This allow Hagatha to continue to increase their power. Do note that Hagatha’s transformation will remove the Divine Shield buff, and sometimes the RNG of what she turns them into is going to make them much less powerful.
The best Heroes and “works for” auras have already largely been figured out by the community. Expect a lot of Vex and Rotspring mirror matches. It’s just a Brawl so don’t be shy about conceding and queuing again if it isn’t going well for you.
Please consider supporting our Patreon!
Join the Discussion
Blizzard Watch is a safe space for all readers. By leaving comments on this site you agree to follow our commenting and community guidelines.