WoW 6.1 PTR patch notes updated with class changes
Another day, another set of updates to the patch notes for the patch 6.1 PTR. Tonight’s patch notes, which are likely closing in on their final iteration ,include a number of class balance tweaks, so you’ll want to read carefully to see just what’s in store for your character come 6.1. You can see the complete patch notes on Blizzard’s website or just check out new notes below (bold text indicates updated text in an existing note).
- Level 90-94 gold and Garrison Resource missions will now continue to appear even if there are no Followers that are level 90-94.
- Barn traps can now be placed on top of a trap that has already been sprung.
Mage Tower / Spirit Lodge
- Characters visiting the Garrison are now able to use Mage Tower / Spirit Lodge portals.
- The fireplace in Tier-2 and Tier-3 Alliance Garrison Town Halls can now be used as a cooking fire.
Cosmetic Transformations and Toy Effects
- Improvements have been made to the way that cosmetic transformations are handled. Previously, using another transformation would overwrite or cancel an existing effect. Now, characters can retain multiple cosmetic transformations and the one with the highest priority will be visible. If a higher priority transformation is canceled or expires, the next highest priority transformation will then be visible.
- Cosmetic transformation effects that don’t have mount animations and previously prevented a character from mounting (or were canceled upon mounting) are no longer canceled or need to be canceled or prevent mounting. Instead, the transform is temporarily suppressed and the character will regain the transformation once they dismount.
- Many Druid shapeshift forms now have attachment points on the head and back for cosmetic toy effects such as Blazing Wings or Pepe. Additional shapeshift forms may receive attachment points in the future.
- Accounts with an inactive subscription are now able to log in with the same restrictions that Starter Edition accounts have with the additional perk of being able to join guilds that characters on the account already are a member of.
- New Graphics Options
- Particle Density in graphics settings now have 3 detail levels (down from 5). This may affect the number of particles generated by some particle systems.
- Ambient Occlusion
- Added new ambient occlusion method NVIDIA HBAO+, available on all DirectX 11 capable video cards.
- MSAA is once again supported, with additional controls for fine-tuning under Advanced graphics options.
- A new SSAA anti-aliasing option is now available for high-end video cards.
- New Lighting
- Per-pixel deferred point lights have been added to create more realistic lighting throughout Draenor.
- All rings, neck, cloak, and trinket items that can be acquired in Nagrand (A level 98+ zone) or later should now be better suited for the character’s loot specialization. This means tanks should no longer receive items with no bonus Armor and healers should no longer receive items with no Spirit from sources like item tokens, quests, or Personal loot mode in Dungeons and Raids for those item slots.
- Breath of Sindragosa no longer has an initial Runic Power cost, but only applies the Mark of Sindragosa for Blood Death Knights.
- Defile now only reduces damage taken for Blood Death Knights.
- Necrotic Plague damage has been increased by 20%
37%and now only grants Runic Power to Blood Death Knights.
- Defile should no longer be incorrectly redirected by Grounding Totem (Shaman).
- Ferocious Bite damage increased by 5%.
- Moonfire’s mana cost has been reduced by 55%.
- Shred damage increased by 20%.
- Thrash (Cat Form) damage increased by 20%.
- Starfall damage decreased by 16.6%.
- Moonfire (Feral) damage increased by 5%.
- Rake damage increased by 5%.
- Rip damage increased by 5%.
- Swipe damage increased by 20%.
- Ironbark is no longer usable while silenced.
- Nature’s Cure can no longer be cast while in a shapeshift form and is now classified as a Nature School ability.
- PvP 4-piece set bonus for Restoration Druids has been replaced. The cooldown of Ironbark is now reduced by 30 seconds.
- Improved Focus Fire now grants an 8% increase to attack power per Frenzy stack consumed (up from 5%).
- Careful Aim now increases critical strike chance of Steady Shot, Focusing Shot, and Aimed Shot by 50% (down from 60%).
- Chimaera Shot damage increased by 30.4%.
- Sniper Training is now 25% more effective.
- Comet Storm (Frost) damage has increased by 94% but deals 33.3% less damage in PvP combat.
- Glyph of Splitting Ice effect can now hit targets up to 60% further away from the primary target, but no longer ignores crowd-controlled targets.
- Rising Sun Kick (Windwalker, Mistweaver) now causes enemies to take 20% increased damage from the Monk’s abilities (up from 10%).
- Beacon of Light heals should no longer benefit or consume Glyph of Flash of Light’s effect.
- Halo now displays an indicator on the ground to make it easier for the casting Priest see where the ability is most effective. Additionally, Halo’s visual effect has been synchronized so a character will receive the effect when the nova intersects with them.
- Psychic Scream (Shadow) now has a 30-second cooldown (down from 45 seconds).
- Power Word: Shield now absorbs 10% less damage.
- Grounding Totem now protects both party and raid members (up from only party members). Additionally, fixed an issue where Grounding Totem was incorrectly redirecting Provoke (Monk) and Growl (Hunter Pets).
- Restorative Waves now increases all healing done by 40% (up from 30%).
- Frozen Power should no longer cause Frost Shock to trigger a new Mastery: Molten Earth (Elemental). Note that this does not stop Molten Earth effects that are already in progress or in the process of being triggered.
- Tier-17 2-piece bonus for Elemental Shaman now increases multistrike damage by 1% per stack (down from 2% damage increase per stack).
- Tier-17 4-piece bonus for Elemental Shaman now requires the Shaman to consume 12
18Lightning Shield charges to trigger (down upfrom 15 charges).
- Demonbolt (Demonology) damage decreased by 25%.
- Execute damage decreased by 11.4%.
- Shield Barrier (Arms, Fury) now absorbs 24.4% more damage.
- Improved Defensive Stance now increases armor by 10% (up from 5%).
- Cruisin’ the Chasm: Resolved an issue where characters were not receiving completion credit after riding the Rental Chopper.
- Ridin’ the Rocketway: Resolved an issue where characters were not receiving completion credit after riding the Redhound Two-Seater prototype.
- Dungeon Journal entries for Blackrock Foundry have been updated with fight mechanics that have changed from hotfixes.
- Tanks are now able to use abilities and cooldowns while grabbed by Hans’gar or Franzok’s Crippling Suplex.
- Primal Gladiator’s and Primal Combatant’s Badges now have a 2-minute cooldown (up from 1 minute).
- Mists of Pandaria era PvP Gloves no longer have an on-equip bonus.
- Ashran: There’s now a 10 minute delay between battles after Grand Marshal Tremblade or High Warlord Volrath has been defeated (down from 30 minutes).
- Eye of the Storm: Icon for the flag should no longer be incorrectly displaying in the center of the map even though it’s been picked up by another player.
- Fish caught in Draenor can now be filleted without requiring a set stack number (20 for small, 10 for normal, 5 for enormous fish) while larger fish will still award more resources.
- Toy Box
- Blazing Wings effect now lasts for 15 minutes (down from 1 hour) with a 30-minute cooldown (down from 1 hour).
- Piccolo of the Flaming Fire has been rebuilt into a Toy Box item. Players can channel for 30 seconds to cause those around them to dance with a 5-minute cooldown. Additionally, the effect will no longer interrupt eating or drinking.
- A number of Main Hand weapons have been converted to One-Hand so they’ll work better with transmogrification.
- Arcanic of the High Sage
- Butcher’s Terrible Tenderizer
- Dagger of Blazing Radiance
- Dagger of the Sanguine Emeralds
- Dagger of the Shattered Crucible
- Fang of the Earth
- Franzok’s Headsmasher
- Hoof of Yalnu
- Koloch Na, the Blood Feast
- Mindbreaker Scepter
- Shard of Crystalline Fury
- Soulcutter Mageblade
- Neural Silencer now also blocks Swapblaster effects.
- Reins of the Amber Scorpion is once again back in stock for purchase from Ambersmith Zikk.
- Sargerei Disguise now has a 60-minute cooldown (up from 30 minutes).
- Loot eligibility lockouts for Draenor world bosses (Drov the Ruiner, Tarlna the Ageless, and Rukhmar) are now tracked in Raid Info under the Raid tab.
- Garden Sickle now correctly sheathes on the hip.
- Fixed an issue where Rogues would automatically fail the Gladiator’s Sanctum coliseum scenario when they use the Death from Above talent.
- Fixed an issue where characters that underwent a paid faction change may be unable to complete the achievement for Upgrading the Mill.
Join the Discussion
Blizzard Watch is a safe space for all readers. By leaving comments on this site you agree to follow our commenting and community guidelines.