Patch 6.1 PTR Update: Mounts and photo bombs
In the midst of the Blackrock Foundry opening excitement last night, Blizzard pushed out build 19579 to the patch 6.1 PTR. We have some updates on where previously datamined mounts are coming from, and I think it’s safe to say that Blizzard is going all in with this whole S.E.L.F.I.E. camera thing. Here are the biggest highlights of the build.
- The Chauffeured Chopper (pictured above) is now functional on the PTR! When you collect 35 heirlooms for the Heirloom Hoarder achievement, you’ll receive this mount in the mail. The mount is limited to 160% speed and can be used by any character at any level, no mount training required. You do sit in the passenger seat, but it controls just like a regular mount (though I think it would be a funny to have a “Take me for a ride, Mr. Chauffeur!” button on there somewhere).
- The previously datamined Cindermane Charger (basically a red tinted Hearthsteed mount) looks like it will be an upcoming Recruit-a-Friend mount.
- The purple cat mount Blizzard teased on their Twitter account last week has been named Mystic Runesaber and looks like it will indeed be a store mount.
- You can earn the “Photographer” title by using your S.E.L.F.I.E. camera at a variety of WoW landmarks.
- The Blingtron 5000 gift package has a chance to drop a new Photo B.O.M.B. toy that works in conjunction with the S.E.L.F.I.E. camera. It should be no surprise that Archmage Vargoth himself will be the photo bomber. He is, after all, the one who can be many places at once.
- There will be a Heroes of the Storm promotional pet called the Grave Golem.
- The Hogs pet has resurfaced in this build. Previous rumors suggested this would be a retroactive reward for the Southshore vs. Tarren Mill anniversary feat of strength, but this is not the case. Blizzard hasn’t determined how this baby Hogger pet will be obtained yet.
- A new level 675 follower mission which rewards Follower Retraining Scroll Case, presumably filled with follower reroll items. There’s also a new mission which rewards a bag of augment runes for your current loot specializaton.
In addition, Wowhead has datamined several class changes which you can check out here.
Please consider supporting our Patreon!
Join the Discussion
Blizzard Watch is a safe space for all readers. By leaving comments on this site you agree to follow our commenting and community guidelines.