Bosses in 5 seconds: Blackrock Foundry LFR – The Slagworks
The first wing of Blackrock Foundry LFR, The Slagworks, opens up today. It consists of 3 bosses: Gruul, Oregorger, and Blast Furnace. Our bosses in 5 seconds series focuses on the core points you need to know going into these fights. Keep in mind that you’ll need a minimum item level of 635 to queue for Blackrock Foundry LFR.
- All DPS and healers should stack up in a single group (splitting up into 2 groups is not necessary for LFR).
- Tanks need to face Gruul towards the raid when he casts Inferno Slice (he does this whenever his energy bar reaches 100). Inferno Slice’s damage is split which is why you want to face the raid. Swap tanks after 3 Inferno Slices.
- Players who get Petrify should quickly move 8 yards away from the raid and regroup after Shatter.
- Move away from Cave In and Overhead Smash.
- Every 2 minutes, Gruul will enter the Destructive Rampage phase. He will do nothing but chain cast Overhead Smash during this phase. Side step to avoid the smashes.
- Regroup after Destructive Rampage and repeat.
- Have ranged and heals stack together, and make sure tanks are the the only ones in between the boss and the ranged group.
- Tanks: Whoever is not currently tanking should ensure they are the closest player between Oregorger and the ranged group so that they are the first to be hit by Acid Torrent. Swap tanks after every Acid Torrent.
- Melee: Move away from Explosive Shard or you’ll be stunned. Interrupt Blackrock Barrage.
- Ranged/Healers: Move away from Retched Blackrock puddles as a group, and try to stack the puddles close together.
- Once Oregorger uses up all of his energy, he will enter the Rolling Fury phase.
- Rolling Fury: Destroy Ore Crates around the room and avoid Oregorger’s path as he rolls around. When he crashes into a wall, he will always move left or right (never backwards). If you are hit when he is rolling, you will take heavy damage and be stunned.
- Once Oregorger eats 10 piles of ore from destroyed crates, he will return to phase 1 and the fight repeats.
- Phase 1: Kill all the adds! Prioritize Foreman Feldspar and cleave onto everything else. Lots of bad stuff on the ground, just avoid it. Healers, be prepared for raid-wide damage from Blast. Tanks may need to use cooldowns if Melt Armor stacks start dealing too much damage. Move enemies out of Defense zones.
- Phase 1 continued: Both Heat Regulators must be destroyed with bombs. There is one regulator on each side of the furnace itself. Random players will have Bomb cast on them and need to run into melee range of one of the Heat Regulators before the bomb explodes. The bomb will explode after 15 seconds or can be detonated sooner by using the extra action button. Each regulator will require several bombs to kill.
- Phase 2: Once both regulators are destroyed, phase 2 begins. Clean up remaining adds from phase 1 and kill the Primal Elementalists who are holding the Heart of the Mountain captive.
- Phase 3: Once the Primal Elementalists are killed, the Heart of the Mountain will become active. Finish off any remaining adds and then burn the boss. Stay out of Melt when it spawns beneath you and use any DPS cooldowns. Tanks should swap after 3 stacks of Heat.
- Collect your
You can expect one of these posts for every wing as it opens in the future. The next wing (Black Forge) opens on February 24.
Please consider supporting our Patreon!
Join the Discussion
Blizzard Watch is a safe space for all readers. By leaving comments on this site you agree to follow our commenting and community guidelines.