Legion Beta: Demon Hunter abilities and talents datamined
Just yesterday we had datamined abilities, glyphs, and talents for all existing classes, but today we have abilities and talents for Demon Hunters as well — including abilities for both the Havoc (DPS) and Vengeance (tank) specs. Since we only saw Havoc at BlizzCon, this is our very first look at Vengeance.
As always, remember that this is datamined information, not final incarnations of any of these abilities. What we’re seeing here are early versions and even some stray, definitely not to be used data like “Chaos Strike: You shouldn’t see this.” All of this information could change drastically (or vanish entirely) before we see the beta launch or the live launch — but it does give us an early preview of what may be to come. And on top of all of the usual datamining caveats, bear in mind that we may be getting a very early look at Vengeance which is likely more of a work in progress than the fairly polished Havoc spec we got to playtest.
Head over to Wowhead for all the details or check out the new spells below.
Some of these abilities we saw in the Demon Hunter gameplay demo at BlizzCon, like Spectral Sight, Metamorphosis, Fel Rush, Double Jump, and Eye Beam. However, there are a ton of brand new abilities listed — though it’s impossible to say if this is everything. Here’s what we’ve got:
- Demon’s Bite: A quick attack that causes 250% Physical damage and generates 20 to 30 Fury.
- Chaos Strike: Slice your target for (125% + 600%) Chaos damage. Critical strikes do not consume Fury.
- Chaos Nova: Unleash an eruption of fel energy, stunning all nearby enemies for 5 sec and dealing (250% of Attack power) Chaos damage.
- Consume Magic: Interrupts the enemy’s spellcasting and locks them from that school of magic for 3 sec. Generates maximum Fury on a successful interrupt.
- Throw Glaive: Throw a demonic glaive at the target, dealing (300% of Attack power) Physical damage. The glaive can ricochet to 2 additional enemies within 10 yards.
- Spectral Sight: Allows you to see enemies and treasures through physical barriers, as well as enemies that are stealthed and invisible.
- Metamorphosis: Leap into the air and land with explosive force, dealing (200% of Attack power) Chaos damage to enemies within 8 yds, and stunning them for 3 sec.
Upon landing, you are transformed into a hellish demon for 30 sec, greatly empowering your Demon’s Bite and Chaos Strike abilities.
- Fel Rush: Rush forward, incinerating anything in your path for (250% of Attack power) Fire damage.
- Double Jump: You are able to jump again while near the apex of your first jump.
- Eye Beam: Blasts all enemies directly in front of you for [(170% of Attack power) * 9] Chaos damage.
- Blur: Increases your dodge by 50% and allows you to dodge spells and ranged attacks for 3 sec.
Dealing direct damage to any target refreshes the duration, up to a maximum total duration of 10 sec.
- Vengeful Retreat: Viciously assault nearby enemies and vault away. Assaulted enemies take 100% Physical damage and have their movement speed reduced by 70% for 3 sec.
- Demonic Instincts: Reduces your global cooldowns based on Haste.
Talents and Specializations
- Chaos Flurry: Chaos Strike unleashed 0 additional attacks for 4% Chaos damage and generating 3 Demonic Fury each.
- Mastery: Furious Havoc: Grants a 8% chance to double your Fury gains.
- Mastery: Demonic Presence: Increases your Chaos damage by 8% and your movement speed by 8%.
- Mastery: Glaive Master: Increases Parry by 10.00%.
- Shattered Souls: When you kill a target that grants experience or honor, the target’s soul will sometimes be shattered, leaving a Soul Fragment behind for 30 sec.
The Soul Fragment will be consumed when you approach it, healing you for 25% of maximum health.
If the Soul Fragment came from a Demon, you will deal 20% increased damage for 15 sec.
- Blade Dance: Strike all nearby enemies for (150% + 3 * 100%) Physical damage, and increase your Dodge chance by 100% for 1 sec.
- Fel Mastery: Increases the damage of Fel Rush by 50%, and gain 25 Fury when Fel Rush damages at least one target.
- Blind Fury: Increases the duration of Eye Beam by 50%.
- Prepared: After using Vengeful Retreat, you generate 96 Fury over 6 sec.
- Demon Blades: Your autoattacks have a chance to deal additional Shadow damage and generate Fury. Replaces Demon’s Bite.
- Master of the Glaive: Throw Glaive does an additional 100% damage against enemies above 90% health, and the cooldown is reduced by 2 sec. each time it deals damage.
- Soul Rending: Increases your Leech by 100% while in demon form.
- Immolation Aura: Engulf yourself in flames, instantly causing (140% of Attack power) Fire damage to nearby enemies and radiating (40% of Attack power) every sec for 5 sec.
- Torment: Taunts the target to attack you, and increases threat that you generate against the target for 3 sec.
- Metamorphosis: Transform to demon form for 10 sec, increasing current and maximum health by 30% and reducing damage taken by 30%.
While in demon form, Hateful Strike always generates a Soul Fragment.
- Infernal Strike: Leap through the air toward a targeted location, slamming down with destructive force to deal (70% of Attack power) Fire damage to all enemies within 6 yards.
- Sigil of Silence: Place a Sigil of Silence at the target location that activates after 3 sec.
Silences all enemies affected by the sigil for 4 sec.
- Sigil of Inquisition: Place a Sigil of Inquisition at the target location that activates after 3 sec.
All enemies affected by the sigil are pulled to its center and are snared, reducing movement speed by 70% for until cancelled.
- Felblade: Carve off a piece of your target’s soul, causing 350% Physical damage and spawning a Soul Fragment nearby.
- Demonic Wards: Your tattoos reduces magical damage taken by 30%. Also reduces the chance you will be critically hit by 6%, and reduces the chance for attacks to be parried by 3%.
- Blade Barrier: Raise your blades, increasing your parry chance by 30% for 8 sec.
- Blade Turning: Reduces physical damage taken by 120% of your Parry chance.
- Hateful Strike: An instant strike that causes 200% Physical damage and has a chance to spawn a Soul Fragment nearby. Generates 30 to 40 Fury.
- Hateful Strike Passive: Your Hateful Strike has a 101% chance to spawn a Soul Fragment nearby.
- Soul Cleave: A vicious strike that deals 275% Physical damage to all enemies in front of you and consumes up to [floor(4.95)] nearby Soul Fragments, healing you for 20% of your maximum health per Soul.
- Fiery Brand: Brand your target with a burning demonic symbol, instantly dealing (200% of Attack power) Fire damage and reducing the damage they do to you by 40% for 10 sec.
- Throw Glaive: Throw a demonic glaive at the target, dealing 50% Physical damage. The glaive can ricochet to 2 additional enemies within 10 yards.
- Shattered Souls: When you kill a target that grants experience or honor, the target’s soul will sometimes be shattered, leaving a Soul Fragment behind for until cancelled. The Soul Fragment will be consumed when you approach it, healing you for 20% of maximum health. If the Soul Fragment came from a Demon, you will deal 20% increased damage for 15 sec.
- Sigil of Persecution: Place a Sigil of Persecution at the target location that activates after 3 sec. Taunts all enemies affected by the sigil, forcing them to attack you for 8 sec.
Again, remember: this is a very early version of the Demon Hunter class and anything and everything here may change. Take all of this information with a grain of salt (or maybe two).
Please consider supporting our Patreon!
Join the Discussion
Blizzard Watch is a safe space for all readers. By leaving comments on this site you agree to follow our commenting and community guidelines.