New Hearthstone card backs, Brawls, and Winter Veil event discovered
A new patch is being pushed out to Hearthstone clients and it includes new card backs and many new Brawls including a Winter Veil-themed one. Patch notes and info after the jump.
The new card backs are themed Love is in the Air for January 2016 Ranked Play and Tauren Thunderbluff for February 2016 Ranked Play. There is also a Winter Veil Wreath card back for participating in the Winter Veil Brawl
that will start on December 9th. In that Brawl, crates will drop onto a special Winter Veil board and smashing your opponent’s crate will grant you a gift, though it’s unclear what that gift will be.
There are three other new Brawls in this patch as well. Battle of the Builds asks you to build a deck around a single theme like Battlecry or Murlocs. Deal Your Fate uses the new Discover mechanic, but the cards you choose are from the all new set called Fate cards. Blingtron’s Beauteous Brawl has the overly generous robot changing your hero power to Equip A Random Weapon and gives you weapons as well.
Official patch notes below.
Read on for details!
- Special Winter Veil effects have been added to celebrate the holidays starting December 9th!
- Savage Roar is now much less savage to the ears.
- League of Explorers game boards have been added to the rotation in Arena and Play modes.
- The following card backs have been added:
- Winter Veil Wreath – Acquired by celebrating Winter Veil in Hearthstone.
- Shaman Thrall – Acquired by reaching Rank 20 or higher in Ranked Play mode during the month of December 2015.
- Love is in the Air – Acquired by reaching Rank 20 or higher in Ranked Play mode during the month of January 2016.
- Tauren Thunderbluff – Acquired by reaching Rank 20 or higher in Ranked Play mode during the month of February 2016.
- Resolved an issue where playing Unearthed Raptor caused the client to freeze.
- Resolved various issues with AI behavior and gameplay.
- Various audio, graphical, and UI issues have been resolved.
Please consider supporting our Patreon!
Join the Discussion
Blizzard Watch is a safe space for all readers. By leaving comments on this site you agree to follow our commenting and community guidelines.