Latest Overwatch patch addresses Competitive Play issues
A new patch for Overwatch was released yesterday for Windows PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One. The patch — most of which is PC-only for now — has a few bug fixes, but mainly addresses some of the issues players have been experiencing with Competitive Play. Players should no longer automatically receive a loss or “leave” penalty if they leave and re-join an in-progress Competitive Play match — if you’re there at the end of the match and your team won, you’ll be eligible for the win. However, if you leave a single Competitive Play match more than three times, you’ll receive a Competitive Play “leave” penalty, even if you complete the match.
Read on for the full list of patch notes.
A new patch is now live on Windows PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One. Read below to learn more about the latest changes.
Please note that many of the changes marked as [PC Only] will be rolled into a larger patch for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One at a later date.
- [PC Only] The duration of Sudden Death has been adjusted across all maps from 1m45s to the following values:
- Hanamura – 1m35s
- Temple of Anubis – 1m30s
- Volskaya Industries – 1m35s
- Dorado – 1m30s
- Route 66 – 1m35s
- Watchpoint: Gibraltar – 1m35s
- King’s Row – 1m30s
- Numbani – 1m50s
- Note: Sudden Death duration is unchanged for Hollywood and remains at 1m45s
- [PC Only] Fixed a bug that prevented Overtime music from playing on Escort and Assault/Escort maps, if the payload was nearing the final checkpoint
- [PC Only] Fixed a bug where display settings weren’t always saved after restarting the client
- [PC Only] Fixed an issue that sometimes caused the in-game UI to display incorrectly at 4k resolutions
- [PC Only] Fixed a bug where sometimes the wrong player level would appear in the Social menu
- [PC Only] Fixed an issue with collision not blocking line of sight on certain areas of Nepal
- [PC Only] Fixed a bug that caused Mercy’s Caduceus Staff beam to disconnect from its target if the player a) quickly switched between healing and damage beams by holding down both mouse buttons and/or b) was facing away from the target at the time of the switch
- [PC Only] Fixed even more bugs that allowed Reaper to Shadow Step to unintended locations on certain maps
- [PC Only] Fixed a bug that caused Winston’s melee attack during Primal Rage to inconsistently hit targets in range
- [PC Only] Fixed a bug that sometimes caused Zarya’s alternate fire to scale incorrectly with her damage boost modifier
- [PC Only] Fixed a bug that caused the “Top 500” icon to incorrectly display for certain players in various places throughout the game UI
- Fixed an issue where if you left and rejoined an in-progress Competitive Play match, the game would still track the match as a loss in your placement match history and when determining the amount of Skill Rating you receive for completing a match even if your team won
- Note: You must be present for the conclusion of the match to be eligible for the win. If you leave a match and do not rejoin again before it’s over, it will count as a loss both in placement match history and when calculating your Skill Rating adjustment.
- Fixed an issue where you would still receive a Competitive Play “leave” penalty even if you rejoined a match and completed it
- Note: If you leave a single Competitive Play match more than 3 times, you will receive a Competitive Play “leave” penalty even if you complete the match.
Please consider supporting our Patreon!
Join the Discussion
Blizzard Watch is a safe space for all readers. By leaving comments on this site you agree to follow our commenting and community guidelines.