Everything you need to know about the Tomb of Sargeras raid
Tomb of Sargeras is live today with its first two difficulties: Normal and Heroic modes. Mythic will open next week like usual along with the first wing of LFR. Mythic opening will also start off the world first race to clear the raid. The remaining three LFR wings will then open up every other week. If you’re not ready to tackle the Tomb of Sargeras, we have guides, loot, and rewards to help you get started
Raid Unlock Schedule
- Tuesday, June 20: Normal and Heroic difficulties open.
- Tuesday, June 27: Mythic difficulty and Raid Finder Wing 1 – Gates of Hell (Goroth, Harjartan, Mistress Sass’zine) open.
- Tuesday, July 11: Raid Finder Wing 2 – Wailing Halls (Demonic Inquisition, Sisters of the Moon, Desolate Host) opens.
- Tuesday, July 25: Raid Finder Wing 3 – Chamber of the Avatar (Maiden of Vigilance, Avatar of Sargeras) opens.
- Tuesday, August 8: Raid Finder Wing 4 – Deceiver’s Fall (Kil’jaeden) opens.
There’s no attunement needed for the raid, you can just walk right in with your group. Here’s what you’ll find when you go in:
- 9 new encounters: Goroth, Demonic Inquisition, Harjatan, Mistress Sassz’ine, Sisters of the Moon, The Desolate Host, Maiden of Vigilance, Fallen Avatar, and Kil’jaeden.
- Non-linear kill order, giving your raid the choice of what to do next. After you kill Goroth, you can proceed three different ways, to Demonic Inquisition, Harjatan and Mistress Sassizne, or Sisters of the Moon and The Desolate Host.
- A new way to kill yourself via the famed “Elevator Boss.” After defeating Maiden of Vigilance, you descend into the depths of the Tomb on an elevator to the Fallen Avatar. Be careful of the jump, as many a raid has lost lives due to a mistimed fall. Certain Priests have been known to misjudge Levitate on occasion.
Tomb of Sargeras guides
- Not sure how to get started when you first log in today? Check out Wowhead’s Tomb of Sargeras Raid Survival Guide.
- If you’re heading into Tomb of Sargeras right away with your raid team, also check out FatbossTV’s written raid strategy guides to be prepared for each boss: Goroth, Demonic Inquisition, Harjatan, Mistress Sassz’ine, Sisters of the Moon, The Desolate Host, Maiden of Vigilance, Fallen Avatar, and Kil’jaeden. If video content is more your style, they have a playlist of raid previews from the PTR and complete video guides usually follow shortly after the raid opens.
- Vetaro also has another minimalist guide for your quick reference needs.
- If you use Weak Auras, Tomb of Sargeras Weak Auras have been posted for debuffs and cast alerts in the entire raid. Be on the lookout for updates to the collection as well as people find previously untracked auras while progressing through.
Tomb of Sargeras loot
Tomb of Sargeras bosses all drop loot with uniform item levels until you get to Kil’jaeden, who has the bonus of giving gear 10 item levels higher. Base item levels start at 885 in LFR, 900 in Normal, 915 in Heroic, and 930 in Mythic. Save up your Seals of Broken Fate, because they’ll be used for Tomb of Sargeras in addition to the previous raids.
- Want a comprehensive guide to every piece of loot in the raid, including the various relics? Check out Wowhead’s Tomb of Sargeras Loot Guide.
- Likewise, Icy Veins also offers a Tomb of Sargeras Trinket Guide, which shows all the trinkets available and broken down in categories for Healers, Ranged DPS, Melee DPS, and Tanks.
- Not sure what tier bonuses your class gets? Check out the list of all Tier 20 Armor Sets and Bonuses.
- Tomb of Sargeras also offers new Bind On Equip loot, with three pieces for each armor type: belt, boots, and a different slot depending on the armor (cloth hands, leather shoulders, mail chest, plate helm).
- You can find individual tier pieces from: Demonic Inquisition (helm), Harjatan (gloves), Mistress Sassz’ine (legs), The Desolate Host (cloak), Maiden of Vigilance (chest), and Fallen Avatar (shoulders).
Tomb of Sargeras rewards
- As always, a new raid brings cool new fashions. Check out the Tier 20 Raid Transmog Sets from Wowhead to see how good you can look. There are various colors for each difficulty as well as unique PVP tints. Tier 20 sets offer an updated version of everyone’s favorite Tier 6 looks.
- Two new titles are available. You can get “the Darkener” from killing Mythic Kil’jaeden and “the Tomb Raider” from completing the Glory of the Tomb Raider meta achievement.
- Likewise, you also get a new pet from Glory of the Raider: a little mini Sentinax ship, appropriately named Micronax.
- There’s also a new mount, but it surprisingly doesn’t drop from Kil’jaeden. Mistress Sassz’ine has a random chance to drop Abyss Worm, which is a recolor of the Riddler’s Mind-Worm. It seems Mythic Kil’jaeden doesn’t have a guaranteed mount like end-bosses of past raids.
- Killing Kil’jaeden will also unlock one of the tints for the Challenge appearances on your Artifact Weapon. If you haven’t gotten the appearance yet, it should be easier with gear from the new raid.
- And one more thing from Kil’jaeden, since he’s apparently so generous with his rewards: Scribes can get the recipe for Glyph of Ember Shards, which turns Destruction Warlocks’ Soul Shards into floating burning embers.
Please consider supporting our Patreon!
Join the Discussion
Blizzard Watch is a safe space for all readers. By leaving comments on this site you agree to follow our commenting and community guidelines.