Steamy jokes and flirts datamined for Allied Races
Not only do we have datamined models for the next expansion’s Allied Races, but Wowhead also found their joke and flirt emotes. Now, some of these follow the usual Blizzard approach to jokes, pop culture. For example, the following two quotes:
- Male Nightborne: “It’s what I do. I drink arcwine… and I know things” (Game of Thrones).
- Male Highmountain Tauren: “Why does that draenei couple keep asking me where Rocky is? (Rocky and Bullwinkle).
What is a little surprising, however, is the steaminess of some of the jokes and flirts. They’re quite funny, mind you, but a little raunchier than I thought they would be. There’s a lot of sexual innuendo, which is to be expected for flirting, but they’re clever as well. While far from all-inclusive, these were some of the steamiest:
- Male Void Elf: “The Void has taught me many secrets. Some of them can be most… satisfying.”
- Male Lightforged Draenei: “I like it with the lights on. Not that I really have a choice…”
- Male Lightforged Draenei: “I’m a draenei on the streets… but an eredar in the sheets.”
- Female Lightforged Draenei: “No, I do not have a glowing stamp above my tail.”
- Female Lightforged Draenei: “Let’s go back to my ship and twist our nethers.”
- Male Nightborne: “Mmmm, I wanna tap that ley line.”
- Female Nightborne: “Is that an illusion in your pocket, or are you just happy to see me?”
- Female Nightborne: “Animate? Detonate? I suggest we skip straight to replicate.”
- Male Highmountain Tauren: “Trust me… I have experience at exploring deep places.”
- Male Highmountain Tauren: “My totem thunders. All. Night. Long.”
- Female Highmountain Tauren: “Brrrrr, it’s cold in here. In the mood for some ice cream?”
- Female Highmountain Tauren: “You don’t need to be from the Skyhorn tribe to join the mile high club.”
The male Nightborne line “The stars have judged you, and found you… smokin’ hot” references Star Augur Etraeus’s encounter quip, “The stars have judged you, and found you wanting.” This sounds like it could be a reference to A Knight’s Tale, which is what I thought when I first heard it in the encounter. However, the actual line from the movie is “You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting,” so it looks like it’s simply a call-back to Etraeus.
Some of them are downright funny
It’s not all innuendo, though, as many of the jokes are standard, sometimes self-referential comedy. But “standard” doesn’t mean “not funny” — quite the opposite, in fact. Below are a couple of my personal favorites:
- Male Void Elf: “Alleria is my favorite Windrunner sister. Edgier than Vereesa, but slightly less homicidal than the dead one.”
- Female Void Elf: “There is a void in my heart. Have you come to fill it?”
- Male Lightforged Draenei: “My life for Aiur… <cough> Argus. My life for ARGUS!”
- Female Lightforged Draenei: “I don’t recommend walking barehoof on the Vindicaar. We keep finding tiny shards of crystal that didn’t get swept up.”
- Female Lightforged Draenei: “We haven’t crashed the Vindicaar yet… but given our track record, it’s only a matter of time.”
- Male Nightborne: “Let’s be honest. Keeping a giant, angry dinosaur caged up in a zoo was bound to end badly.”
- Male Highmountain Tauren: “I’m forming a group of tauren demon hunters. We’re called the Illi-dairy.”
Wowhead has all the datamined lines and recently added in audio for all the jokes and flirts. The voice actors doing these lines are great — I’m particularly fond of the Void Elves and Nightborne voices. If you want to see the full list of joke and flirt emote text — which is actually quite long — you can check out Wowhead’s post. You can also listen to the audio of the lines there or check out Wowhead’s Allied Races playlist on YouTube.
Please consider supporting our Patreon!
Join the Discussion
Blizzard Watch is a safe space for all readers. By leaving comments on this site you agree to follow our commenting and community guidelines.