Patch 8.1: Tides of Vengeance is coming to the PTR by the end of the week
In an action-packed Q&A, Ion Hazzikostas introduced us to the next chapter of Battle for Azeroth: Tides of Vengeance. Patch 8.1 will be packed with features, including:
- A 9-boss Siege of Zuldazar raid with a different experience for each faction. Yes, Jaina will be a raid boss — but just for Horde.
- A shorter Crucible of the Storms raid coming later in the patch. Though Ion didn’t give many details on this one, it will be similar to the 3-boss Trial of Valor raid in Legion.
- A Darkshore Warfront themed around Night Elves vs. Forsaken. This will include an update to the zone itself for max level players.
- Character stories for Saurfang, Tyrande, and Vol’jin, which were teased at BlizzCon.
- More things are account-wide, including Champions of Azeroth reputation which let you unlock your Heart of Azeroth more quickly on alts. Reputation achievements will all also become account-wide (yay!), though Horde and Alliance reputations won’t double-count.
- Heritage armor for Blood Elves and Dwarves, and it sounds like more might come in the future.
- Two new Island Expedition islands: Jorundall, full of Vrykul ruins, and Havenswood, an abandoned Gilnean city.
- For everyone waiting for Kul Tiran and Zandalari races, they aren’t coming yet. Look for them some time after the Siege of Zuldazar raid.
There was a mountain of info, and you can watch it all yourself in the Twitch VOD — or stay tuned to Blizzard Watch because the team is typing away over here and we’ll have more in-depth analysis soon.
I hope to see you on the PTR this week!
Please consider supporting our Patreon!
Join the Discussion
Blizzard Watch is a safe space for all readers. By leaving comments on this site you agree to follow our commenting and community guidelines.