Weekly Lore Watch achieved! But you can still support Blizzard Watch to add more D&D and tabletop content to the site
Blizzard Watch is here because you’re here — the site exists with your support. I know this sounds like a PBS pledge drive, but it’s true. Without your Patreon backing, Blizzard Watch wouldn’t be here.
We have some big ideas for the site, but they can’t happen without your help. So let’s cut the preamble and talk about our content goals.
Update: We hit our goal for Lore Watch, which will be continuing on a weekly basis. Yay! But we can still use your support for more D&D content.
$5,500 goal: Weekly Lore Watch podcast I was blown away by everyone’s enthusiasm for our Blizzard story podcast, Lore Watch, which started doing weekly after reaching a $5,500/month Patreon goal. However, we’ve fallen short of that goal recently. Unless we get back to $5,500/month by the end of February we’ll be dropping Lore Watch down to twice a month. We’re pretty close: as I’m writing this, we have $5,342/month in pledges. With a bit of help, we can keep doing Lore Watch every week.
$6,000 goal: More D&D and tabletop content
We’re really hyped about tabletop right now, and we’d like to do even more of it. If we hit our Patreon goal of $6,000/month, we’ll do a lot more tabletop content:
- Artwork for our monthly D&D podcast. This would include custom art for our cast of characters as well as Matt Rossi’s imaginative game world. We’re talking to a great artist about this, and I’m really excited.
- A new monthly tabletop podcast where we chat about the latest tabletop RPG topics. Instead of playing, this will be more of a talk show: expect a rotating cast of your favorite Blizzard Watch staffers nerding out about about D&D and other games.
- Weekly tabletop articles. We’ve been posting D&D articles on an irregular basis, and we’d like to move that to a regular basis. We’ll write a weekly article focused on helping the novice (or intermediate) player learn about tabletop RPGs. Expect more articles like this intro to Savage Worlds and this guide to making combat less stressful for DMs.
We’ll keep running our monthly D&D podcast regardless, but we’d love to do even more tabletop content.
Support us on Patreon!
If you’d like to see these ideas become reality, go to our Patreon page and throw in your support. Beyond meeting these goals, we offer some great supporter-exclusive benefits:
- For $3/month: Early access to all of our podcasts. You’ll get the Blizzard Watch podcast, uncut, just after it’s aired, and you’ll get Lore Watch a full week earlier than anyone else.
- For $5/month: In addition to podcast benefits, you can also read the site ad-free. All the content, none of the ads!
Of course you’re welcome to give more or less: all contributions help us keep the site going and growing.
Thank you all for your support. Whether you can support us financially or not, we’re glad you’re here to enjoy this geeky wonderland with us.
Please consider supporting our Patreon!
Join the Discussion
Blizzard Watch is a safe space for all readers. By leaving comments on this site you agree to follow our commenting and community guidelines.