Every enchant available in Burning Crusade Classic
The forthcoming arrival of Burning Crusade Classic means another chance for WoW Classic players to level up and acquire new equipment, and as Uncle Ben once said, “with new gear comes new enchants.” But just what enchants are available — and what should you load up with before you head into dungeons and raids? We’ve made this handy list to find the exact enchants you need.
But before you dive in, there’s one important thing to remember: the enchants (and similar items, such as arcanums) from Classic will still work during BCC so don’t let your guild enchanter throw their unused mats in the trash just yet — while no one will want you tanking Sunwell Plateau with a Minor Stamina enchant on your shield, settling for Greater Stamina for your first forays into Hellfire Ramparts shouldn’t be a deal-breaker. Note that all the following enchantments may not be available once BCC releases as the source for some of them will unlock in a later phase.
Now let’s take a look at all the enchants available in Burning Crusade Classic. If some of the stats are unfamiliar, check out our guide to BCC stats here, and if you would like details on gems we have another guide just for you.
Enchantments you can apply to your weapons are divided into four categories: weapon, two-handed weapon, shield, and ranged. Note that thrown weapons, wands, off-hand items, and relics (known in TBC as idols, librams, and totems depending upon class) do not accept enchants. Two-handed weapons can accept enchants designed for regular weapons, although two-handed enchants are generally stronger and are thus preferable when they provide spec-relevant bonuses.
One-handed weapon enchants:
- Enchant Weapon – Major Striking: +7 damage
- Enchant Weapon – Greater Agility: +20 agility
- Enchant Weapon – Major Intellect: +30 intellect
- Enchant Weapon – Potency: +20 strength
- Enchant Weapon – Major Spellpower: +40 spell damage and healing
- Enchant Weapon – Major Healing: +81 healing and +27 spell damage
- Enchant Weapon – Soulfrost: +54 frost and shadow spell power
- Enchant Weapon – Sunfire: +50 arcane and fire spell power
- Enchant Weapon – Mongoose: +120 agility and +2% attack speed for 15 seconds when it procs
- Enchant Weapon – Battlemaster: occasionally heal nearby party members 180-300 health
- Enchant Weapon – Deathfrost: 150 frost damage and the target’s melee, ranged, and casting speed is decreased by 15% for 8 seconds. This recipe only drops from Lord Ahune during Midsummer’s Fire Festival, so it is unknown when this will be available
- Enchant Weapon – Spellsurge: Restore 100 mana to all nearby party members over 10 seconds, 3% chance to proc every spell cast
- Enchant Weapon – Executioner: Occasionally ignores 840 of your enemy’s armor for 15 seconds, but will not be available until Zul’Aman opens in phase 4
- Adamantite Weapon Chain: 50% disarm duration reduction, +15 parry rating, available from Blacksmithing. Originally it required the user to have blacksmithing in order to apply, however that changed before the base patch level of BCC so it should be available to all tanks when live
Two-handed weapon enchants:
- Enchant Shield – Shield Block: +15 block rating
- Enchant Shield – Tough Shield: +18 block value
- Enchant Shield – Resilience: +12 resilience rating
- Enchant Shield – Resistance: +5 all resistances
- Enchant Shield – Intellect: +12 intellect
- Enchant Shield – Major Stamina: +18 stamina
- Felsteel Shield Spike: +26-38 damage when blocking, available from Blacksmithing. Like the Adamantite Weapon Chain it previously required the user to have trained blacksmithing in order to use, but it is not expected to in BCC
- Adamantite Scope: +10 damage
- Khorium Scope: +12 damage
- Stabilized Eternium Scope: +28 ranged critical strike rating
Buffs for your armor come from a larger variety of sources than weapon enchants, increasing your options. The biggest change from Classic to Burning Crusade Classic is that Arcanums (renamed Glyphs in BCC) now only work on equipment in the head slot, and no longer the legs slot — it’s currently unknown whether existing Arcanums applied to the leg slot will continue to function.
Armor Kits created by Leathercrafters can be applied to multiple slots: chest, legs, hands, or feet, with the odd exception of the Heavy Knothide Armor Kit which can also be applied to the shoulders and head slots.
- Heavy Knothide Armor Kit: +10 stamina
- Knothide Armor Kit: +8 stamina
- Vindicator’s Armor Kit: +8 defense rating
- Magister’s Armor Kit: +3 mp5
- Arcane Armor Kit: +8 arcane resistance
- Flame Armor Kit: +8 fire resistance
- Frost Armor Kit: +8 frost resistance
- Nature Armor Kit: +8 nature resistance
- Shadow Armor Kit: +8 shadow resistance
The head slot continues to use Arcanums in BCC, although they are now called Glyphs and are straight purchases from reputation vendors instead of quest items. There are two types of Glyphs: the Warding Glyphs that provide resistance and can be purchased at Honored from their respective faction, and the normal stat improvement Glyphs that are purchased at Revered.
- Glyph of Arcane Warding: +20 arcane resistance, requires Honored with the Sha’tar
- Glyph of Fire Warding: +20 fire resistance, requires Honored with Honor Hold if Alliance or Thrallmar if Horde
- Glyph of Frost Warding: +20 frost resistance, requires Honored with the Keepers of Time
- Glyph of Nature Warding: +20 nature resistance, requires Honored with the Cenarion Expedition
- Glyph of Shadow Warding: +20 shadow resistance, requires Honored with the Lower City
- Glyph of Power: +22 spell damage and healing, +14 spell hit rating, requires Revered with the Sha’tar
- Glyph of Renewal: +25 healing, +12 spell damage, +7 mp5, requires Revered with Honor Hold if Alliance or Thrallmar if Horde
- Glyph of the Defender: +16 defense rating, +17 dodge rating, requires Revered with the Keepers of Time
- Glyph of Ferocity: +34 attack power, +16 hit rating, requires Revered with the Cenarion Expedition
- Glyph of the Outcast: +17 strength, +16 intellect, requires Revered with the Lower City
- Glyph of the Gladiator: +18 stamina, +20 resilience rating, requires Revered with the Shattered Sun Offensive. This will not be available to players until phase 5
Shoulder enchants will mainly come from the Aldor and Scryer factions, and the stats are not mirrored so you may wish to choose your faction based on the optimum stat combination provided. These Inscriptions are divided into normal and “Greater” versions, requiring Honored and Exalted reputations respectively.
- Inscription of Endurance: +7 all resistances, requires Honored with the Violet Eye; this is the only one that does not require you to pick a side in the Aldor/Scryer tussle
- Inscription of Vengeance: +26 attack power
- Inscription of Warding: +13 dodge rating
- Inscription of Discipline: +15 spell damage and healing
- Inscription of Faith: +29 healing and +10 spell damage
- Greater Inscription of Vengeance: +30 attack power and +10 critical strike rating
- Greater Inscription of Warding: +15 dodge rating and +10 defense rating
- Greater Inscription of Discipline: +18 spell damage and healing, and +10 spell critical strike rating
- Greater Inscription of Faith: +33 healing, +11 spell damage, and +4 mp5
- Inscription of the Blade: +13 critical strike rating
- Inscription of the Orb: +13 spell critical strike rating
- Inscription of the Knight: +13 defense rating
- Inscription of the Oracle: +5 mp5
- Greater Inscription of the Blade: +15 critical strike rating and +20 attack power
- Greater Inscription of the Orb: +15 spell critical strike rating and +12 spell damage
- Greater Inscription of the Knight: +15 defense rating and +10 dodge rating
- Greater Inscription of the Oracle: +6 mp5 and +22 healing
Cloaks/Back enchants will continue to be solely provided by Enchanting.
- Enchant Cloak – Major Armor: +120 armor
- Enchant Cloak – Spell Penetration: +20 spell penetration
- Enchant Cloak – Greater Agility: +12 agility
- Enchant Cloak – Major Resistance: +7 all resistances
- Enchant Cloak – Greater Arcane Resistance: +15 arcane resistance
- Enchant Cloak – Greater Shadow Resistance: +15 shadow resistance
- Enchant Cloak – Steelweave: +12 defense rating, will not be available until phase 5
The chest slot will take the Armor Kits described above or the following enchants.
- Enchant Chest – Defense: +15 defense rating
- Enchant Chest – Major Resilience: +15 resilience rating
- Enchant Chest – Restore Mana Prime: +6 mp5
- Enchant Chest – Exceptional Health: +150 health
- Enchant Chest – Exceptional Stats: +6 stats
- Enchant Chest – Major Spirit: +15 spirit
The wrist slot will exclusively use bracer enchants.
- Enchant Bracer – Assault: +24 attack power
- Enchant Bracer – Spellpower: +15 spell damage and healing
- Enchant Bracer – Superior Healing: +30 healing and +10 spell damage
- Enchant Bracer – Restore Mana Prime: +6 mp5
- Enchant Bracer – Major Defense: +12 defense rating
- Enchant Bracer – Stats: +4 stats
- Enchant Bracer – Major Intellect: +12 intellect
- Enchant Bracer – Fortitude: +12 stamina
- Enchant Bracer – Brawn: +12 strength
Gloves in the hands slot can use the armor kits listed above in addition to glove reinforcements or enchants.
- Glove Reinforcements: +240 armor, provided by Leatherworking
- Enchant Gloves – Major Spellpower: +20 spell damage and healing
- Enchant Gloves – Major Healing: +35 healing and +12 spell damage
- Enchant Gloves – Spell Strike: +15 spell hit rating
- Enchant Gloves – Blasting: +10 spell critical strike rating
- Enchant Gloves – Assault: +26 attack power
The leg slots can be augmented by armor kits (described above), leg armor by Leatherworkers, or spellthread from Tailors.
- Clefthide Leg Armor: +10 agility and +30 stamina
- Cobrahide Leg Armor: +40 attack power and +10 critical strike rating
- Nethercleft Leg Armor: +12 agility and +40 stamina
- Nethercobra Leg Armor: +50 attack power and +12 critical strike rating
- Mystic Spellthread: +25 healing and spell damage, and +15 stamina
- Silver Spellthread: +46 healing, +16 spell damage, and +15 stamina
- Runic Spellthread: +35 healing and spell damage, and +20 stamina
- Golden Spellthread: +66 healing, +22 spell damage, and +20 stamina
Boots in the feet slot can use the armor kits described above, or the following enchants.
- Enchant Boots – Boar’s Speed: +8% run speed, +9 stamina
- Enchant Boots – Cat’s Swiftness: +8% run speed, +6 agility
- Enchant Boots – Dexterity: +12 agility
- Enchant Boots – Fortitude: +12 stamina
- Enchant Boots – Surefooted: +10 hit rating, +5% snare and root resistance
- Enchant Boots – Vitality: +4 hp5 and mp5
Finally, enchanters will be able to augment their own rings with the following enchants — they are not unique, so the same one can be applied to both rings if desired.
- Enchant Ring – Healing Power: +20 healing and +7 spell damage
- Enchant Ring – Spellpower: +12 healing and spell damage
- Enchant Ring – Stats: +4 stats
- Enchant Ring – Striking: +2 damage
Article originally published on March 22, 2021, updated on April 4, 2021.
Please consider supporting our Patreon!
Join the Discussion
Blizzard Watch is a safe space for all readers. By leaving comments on this site you agree to follow our commenting and community guidelines.