Diablo patch 2.3 PTR: More details on Kanai’s Cube
The Horadric Cube was one of the most popular items of Diablo 2. With it, players could not only craft, but transform items into something new and more powerful. Now, its spiritual successor, Kanai’s Cube, has just landed on the Diablo 3 Patch 2.3 PTR with a host of its own transformative abilities.
- Extract Legendary Power: Destroy an item to add its Legendary power to your catalogue of collected powers. Once a power has been extracted, it can be equipped to your character without the need to equip the item. Players may have one Weapon, one Armor, and one Jewelry power equipped at a time. Players may only equip powers from items that their characters can normally equip and use.
- Reforge a Legendary Item: Completely re-rolls a Legendary item as though it had dropped for the first time. This includes any powers that may have been previously enchanted on the item. Note that reforged items may re-roll as either Ancient or non-Ancient, so reforge at your own discretion!
- Upgrade Rare Item: Upgrades the quality of a level 70 Rare item to Legendary. This item will roll as a randomized Legendary that shares that item’s equipment type.
- Convert Set Item: Converts a Set item to a randomized piece of gear from the same Set. For example, if you convert a pair of Asheara’s Finders, you could get Asheara’s Custodian, Asheara’s Pace, or Asheara’s Ward in return.
- Remove Level Requirement: Removes the level requirement from an item, allowing it to be equipped by a character of any level.
- Convert Gems: Converts 9 of any color gem to 9 of any other color.
- Convert Crafting Materials: Converts 100 of normal, magic, or rare Crafting Materials to 100 of another type of non-legendary Crafting Material
Screenshots of the Kanai Cube’s interface from the PTR have surfaced on Reddit showing what can be transformed so far and at what cost. Current crafting materials will be necessary along with a new crafting reagent drop. Bounties in Adventure Mode will now get Act-specific crafting reagents added to the Horadric Cache reward. Since there are 5 Acts, that’s 5 new crafting reagents. They will be necessary for the recipes to extract Legendary powers from items and reforge Legendary items.
Theorycrafters are hard at work figuring out the best three Legendary powers to attach to a character. You are restricted to only one weapon power, one armor power and one jewelry power. And these can only come from items your character can normally equip. Want to do your own theorycrafting based on available Legendary powers? There’s already a spreadsheet for that.
Be warned. All this is still on the PTR and subject to change.
Please consider supporting our Patreon!
Join the Discussion
Blizzard Watch is a safe space for all readers. By leaving comments on this site you agree to follow our commenting and community guidelines.