Artifact Challenge boss nerfs and other WoW Hotfixes for April 10
So far, I’ve seen a lot of complaints about Thunderslash being nerfed and not any complaints about Inquisitor Variss getting watered down in this round of hotfixes for Patch 7.2. DKs, Demon Hunters, Hunters, Mages, Warlocks and Warriors all saw Artifact Traits get some buffs or nerfs, and there were changes to dungeons, class halls and PvP as well.
All in all it’s a pretty substantial hotfix pass. I’m happy about the Warrior Artifacts getting some buffs. But I would be.
The complete roundup of changes can be found below.
- Inquisitor Variss’s health has been reduced by 10%.
- Nether Horror’s health has been reduced by 20%.
- Death Knight
- Black Claws (Artifact trait) can no longer incorrectly burst multiple Festering Wounds per swing.
- Demon Hunter
- Erupting Souls (Artifact trait) will now strike all targets hit by Soul Cleave.
- Cobra Commander’s Sneaky Snakes (Artifact trait) damage increased by 25%.
- Thunderslash (Artifact trait) damage reduced by 50%.
- Thunderslash (Artifact trait) deals 30% less damage with the Dire Frenzy talent.
- Glacial Eruption (Artifact trait) damage increased by 20%.
- Jaws of Shadow’s (Artifact trait) bonus is now 10% (was 20%).
- Executioner’s Precision (Artifact trait) bonus increased to 75%/stack (was 50%/stack).
- Oathblood’s (Artifact trait) proc chance increased to 15% (was 10%).
- More Follower missions are now available for players who have several followers above item level 855.
- Challenge Mission now has a reward of Champion’s Trophy.
- The Cathedral of Eternal Night World Quest enabled by the Command Center building now awards Legionfall reputation.
- The Cathedral of Eternal Night
- Reduced Timber Smash damage by 20% on all difficulties.
- Thrashbite the Scornful
- Pulverizing Cudgel’s unavoidable damage reduced by 30% on all difficulties.
- Reduced the amount of damage from Shadow Sweep on Mythic difficulties.
- Hellblaze Mistresses do significantly less damage on Mythic difficulties.
- Mephistroth health reduced by 30% on all difficulties.
- Felblaze damage reduced by 30% on all difficulties.
- Demonic Upheaveal’s unavoidable damage reduced by 60% on all difficulties.
- Creeping Shadows gain stacks more slowly on all difficulties.
- Shadow Blast impact damage reduced by 50% on all difficulties.
- Infallible Tracking Charm now does an appropriate amount of damage in Timewalking dungeons.
- Potion of Trivial Invisibility should now make you invisible. You should be trivially invisible, but invisible nonetheless.
- Weapon appearances from the Armaments of the Ebon Blade and Armaments of the Silver Hand should be restricted to Death Knight and Paladin, respectively.
- Dreadstone of Endless Shadows may now proc from healing spells, as well as damaging spells. The tooltip will be updated to reflect this in a future patch.
- Splinters of Agronox will no longer drop for characters whose Loot Specialization is set to a Tank specialization.
Player versus Player
- Fixed a bug where a Fire Mage’s Ignite could interact incorrectly with Duel (Arms Warrior PvP Talent), resulting in significantly reduced or increased damage to secondary targets.
- Cauterizing Blink’s heal is reduced by 50% in PvP situations.
- For rated PvP, we’re adjusting the item levels for some end-of-match rewards, weekly rewards, and Gladiator obliterum tokens:
- End-of-match rewards for players whose rating is between 0 and 1799 have been improved, starting at a minimum item level of 870 (was 865).
- Weekly rewards have been raised to a minimum of 880 (was 870).
- The tokens purchased with Echoes of Battle, gained by obliterating Gladiator gear, now create an item at item level 880 (was 865).
- These changes will take effect this week with maintenance in your region.
Please consider supporting our Patreon!
Join the Discussion
Blizzard Watch is a safe space for all readers. By leaving comments on this site you agree to follow our commenting and community guidelines.