Latest WoW hotfixes nerf Cathedral of Eternal Night and fix cooldowns for line of sight
The latest WoW hotfixes are in and, while few in number, are relatively impactful. First up is a nice quality of life change for Warriors and Demon Hunters. Heroic Leap, Infernal Strike, and Metamorphosis will no longer go on cooldown if the target is out of line of sight. Most spells just fail to cast when something is out of line of sight, and I can imagine it was really annoying otherwise.
Cathedral of Eternal Night and Mythic Mistress Sassz’ine also receive some adjustments. Boss damage and creature health in Cathedral of Eternal Night has “been reduced.” How much, we don’t know, but it should help on some of the more punishing Mythic+ levels and even in random Heroic dungeon groups. For Mistress Sassz’ine, classes with immunities won’t be able to completely negate the Hydra Acid mechanic from Hydra Shot on Mythic difficulty. Hydra Acid won’t apply any damage when immunities are used, but the debuff will still go on the player — meaning that players will have to be careful as 2 or more stacks will stun them. The stun duration was also increased to 30 seconds, up from 6 seconds, and cannot be removed by any abilities that break stuns. In contrast, Hydra Acid damage was reduced by 25%, likely to encourage different people to soak rather than the same person.
Read on for the full list of changes.
- Heroic Leap, Infernal Strike, and Metamorphosis should no longer go on cooldown when the target destination is out of line of sight.
- Predator (Talent) should now properly reset the cooldown of Tiger’s Fury when a target dies while affected by Ashamane’s Frenzy.
- Corrected an issue causing Moment of Clarity to increase Regrowth healing by more than the intended 15%.
- Corrected an issue that could cause Dampen Harm to reduce damage by more than 50% in some circumstances.
Raids and Dungeons
- Cathedral of Eternal Night
- The damage dealt by several boss abilities and health of several creatures summoned by bosses has been reduced.
- Tomb of Sargeras
- Note: the following changes only affect Mythic difficulty.
- Hydra Acid debuff can now be applied through immunity effects (damage is still prevented).
- Hydra Acid damage reduced by 25%.
- Hydra Acid stun duration increased to 30 seconds, and can no longer be removed by effects that break stuns.
Player Versus Player
- Shiv no longer incorrectly provides an increase to Crippling Poison.
Please consider supporting our Patreon!
Join the Discussion
Blizzard Watch is a safe space for all readers. By leaving comments on this site you agree to follow our commenting and community guidelines.