Everything you need to know to about the Antorus, the Burning Throne raid
On November 28th, the heroes of Azeroth will attack Sargeras’ seat of power, Antorus, the Burning Throne. As usual, the raid’s release will be staggered:
- November 28: Normal and Heroic difficulties
- December 5: Mythic difficulty and Raid Finder wing 1
- December 19: Raid Finder wing 2
- January 2: Raid Finder wing 3
- January 16: Raid Finder wing 4
Any successful operation requires good recon, so if you’re planning on tackling Antorus on day one, you’ll want to do a bit of research first. Blizzard Watch has sent our crack team of scouts around the web to find the guides and information to ready your team to take down bosses and get those sweet Professor Plums.
The usual suspects have good overviews of the raid, loot, and bosses.
Strategy and Tactics
Give your team a leg up on those early pulls by already knowing the key mechanics and the strategies developed on the PTR. Some boss names may be considered spoilers, so read on at your own risk.
- Models of all the bosses
- Garothi Worldbreaker
- The Felhounds of Sargeras (Shatug and F’harg)
- The Antoran High Command (Chief Engineer Ishkar, General Erodus and Admiral Svirax)
- Portal Keeper Hasabel
- Essence of Eonar
- Imonar the Soulhunter
- The Coven of Shivarra (Diima, Mother of Gloom, Noura, Mother of Flames and Asara, Mother of Night)
- Argus the Unmaker
Information on the loot
- We will once again be upgrading our Legendaries.
- Wowhead Tier 21 guide lists all the new sets and bonuses.
- In addition to regular trinkets, Antorus has the Pantheon trinkets which have their own mechanics, which Wowhead and Ask Mr. Robot explain. Additionally, Game Supply helps you figure out which trinket is best for you and Questionably Epic does a rundown of the Healing trinkets.
Class specific information
- If you were curious about which classes have the best theoretical DPS going into the raid, wait no longer.
- Thrill of the Wild has an analysis of all the Hunter set bonuses for Beast Mastery, Survival, and Marksmanship.
- And in shameless self-promotion, Blizzard Watch has a guide for preparing your Retribution or Protection Paladin for Antorus.
Let me know about other excellent class specific guides in the comments.
Good information whether you raid or not
- This guide walks you through all the lore revealed as you progress through the raid. SPOILER ALERT!
- For those who rather farm the raiders than farm the raid, stock up on these items to make a killing on the Auction House.
The opening of a new raid and kicking off a new race is one of the most exciting times in World of Warcraft. Get in there, kill some bosses, have fun and deepen friendships among your team and community.
Please consider supporting our Patreon!
Join the Discussion
Blizzard Watch is a safe space for all readers. By leaving comments on this site you agree to follow our commenting and community guidelines.