Children’s Week has new orphans, new pets, and a bugged achievement
Children’s Week has been updated for Battle for Azeroth, with two new orphans and four new pets. This year the holiday runs from Thursday May 2 to Thursday May 9. I’ll confess, I haven’t been the biggest fan of Zandalari orphans this expansion, but hey, there are new pets to be had! I can corral orphans for pets.
- Orphan Matron Westerson at Hook Point in Boralus
- Caretaker Padae at the Hall of Castes in Zuldazar (behind the Spirits Be With You inn by the Grand Bazaar flight point, where the Herding Children World Quest is)
Here is where you take Liam, the Kul Tiran orphan:
- The Mountain Folk: meet the Roughnecks at the Roughneck Camp in Tiragarde Sound.
- Yo Ho, Yo Ho!: meet a pirate outside of Freehold in Tiragarde Sound.
- The Squid Shrine: see Shrine of the Storms from the beach near Mariner’s Strand in Stormsong Valley.
- Bird Friends: see the statue of Arom Waycrest at Arom’s Stand in Drustvar.
- Shapeshifters!: meet a druid at Ulfar’s Den in Drustvar.
And here is where Azala, the Zandalari orphan, goes:
- Loa of Winds: meet Pa’ku at Pterror Rise in Zuldazar.
- The Shifting Pack: meet Gonk at the Lair of Gonk in the Garden of the Loa in Zuldazar.
- The Frogmarsh: meet Krag’wa at Krag’wa’s Burrow in the Frogmarsh in Nazmir.
- The Sethrak Queen: meet Sethraliss at the Terrace of the Devoted in Vol’dun.
- Hunting for Gold: see The Golden Isle in Vol’dun.
At the end of the questline, we get get the option to choose one of four new pets. You can only get one pet per character, since it’s a reward from completing the orphan’s demands. However, you can use alts to get the other pets if you so desire, or just wait for next year.
It doesn’t appear that we get a holiday-specific hearthstone toy with this event, unlike the other WoW holiday events, though thinking about it that makes sense. I’m not sure how a hearthstone toy of that sort would look anyway. On second thought, I probably don’t want one. It would probably spawn more orphans to herd.
To collect any of the previous pets, here is a quick overview of where to go to start the orphan questline and what is available:
- Orphan Matron Nightingale in Stormwind or Orphan Matron Battlewail in Orgrimmar
- Orphan Matron Mercy in Shattrath
- Orphan Matron Aria in Northrend Dalaran
Of course, it wouldn’t be a proper Children’s Week post if we didn’t include everyone’s super favorite achievement, the School of Hard Knocks. Even better is that it seems to have added a new element this year: the achievement is bugged and impossible to complete. Players are reporting that they’re not getting credit in Arathi Basin or Warsong Gulch, which may be due to the revamps the two battlegrounds received. Hopefully it gets fixed soon, though I’m sure no one would be terribly sad if it were just removed from the meta instead.
Update: The School of Hard Knocks bug has been fixed, which means you’re still on the hook for getting it done.
Please consider supporting our Patreon!
Join the Discussion
Blizzard Watch is a safe space for all readers. By leaving comments on this site you agree to follow our commenting and community guidelines.