To all the brews I’ve loved before: A sample of the silliest suds in Azeroth
Welcome to Brewfest 2020, Azeroth’s annual celebration of the “fermented fruits of the harvest!” Running through October 6, Brewfest is World of Warcraft’s homage to Oktoberfest, which we celebrate in-game by tossing kegs, racing rams, and of course, the classic “kill someone for something shiny.” But why settle for only 17 days of celebration? Let’s look at some of the best options for the other 348 days of the year.
(Note: These are virtual drinks. They will not get you drunk in real life. I’m sorry too.)
- Best cuppa for celebrating the Darkmoon Fair: Darkmoon P.I.E. is available at Sylannia within the Darkmoon Fair. The P.I.E. refers to your Personal Intoxication Experience, not delicious baked goods.
- Best quencher from the Kirin Tor Tavern Crawl: Mechs on the Beach, which are sold by Innkeeper Fizzgrimble in Tanaris as part of the Kirin Tor Tavern Crawl. The name is an homage to the alcoholic “Sex on the Beach” but with more small, humanoid members of the Alliance.
- Best tipple to transform your character: Spectral Grog drops from undead pirates in both the Timeless Isle and Shadowmoon Valley, and drinking it will turn you into a ghostly pirate to match! However, it’s important to note that obtaining this tasty treat is extremely difficult! The drop rate is most consistent in Shadowmoon Valley, but the mobs are only available during Hallow’s End as part of the daily quest Mutiny on the Boneship.
- Best mug for murdering the minions of Queen Azshara: Naga Tears. Freshly harvested from the Naga who have wronged you, these are only available from Master Talekeep Maedin and Apprentice Talekeep Brock in Nazjatar. Other delightful drinks from these vendors include The Dark Below, Shellini, and White Tortollan.
- Best draught for the desperate: Loa Sweat. Wait, do you really want to drink Loa Sweat? Seriously? Well, you can find it at three different Dazar’alor vendors (Zuaba Sonja, Lily Whistlebrew, and Holaja Da Drunk). Still, even the flavor text of “magically delicious” is not enough to convince me.
- Best froth for your fishing expedition: Captain Rumsey’s Lager. Craft up some of Captain Rumsey’s Lager to increase your fishing skill by 5 for 3 minutes. That is if you can get the recipe to drop.
- Best libation to liquidate the Lich King: Kungaloosh! OK, it also has the best name. This craftable beverage was added in Wrath of the Lich King, obviously because the best way to defeat Arthas was while tipsy in-game. You do need to complete some pre-requisite quests at Nesingwary Base Camp in Sholazar, but it’s worth it for the amusement factor, I promise you.
There are hundreds of drinks in WoW, both alcoholic and non, and we’ve only scratched the surface. Share some of your favorites in the comments below!
Please consider supporting our Patreon!
Join the Discussion
Blizzard Watch is a safe space for all readers. By leaving comments on this site you agree to follow our commenting and community guidelines.