Sanctum of Domination takes the stage as this week’s Fated raid in Shadowlands Season 4
Welcome to another week of Shadowlands Season 4, which brings us our next Fated raid — the Sanctum of Domination. I hope RNG left each and every one of you a high-ilevel item in your
disappointment box Great Vault after the server reset!
The minimum ilvl to queue for Fated LFR is 230 (reduced this week from 240), so luckily there’s not a huge barrier to entry. That said, be prepared to contend with one of the following Fated affixes added to each boss:
- Fated Power: Chaotic Essence — Summons a Chaotic Essence which casts Chaotic Destruction, inflicting 799 Cosmic damage to all players if successful. Upon interaction, the essence becomes hostile and instead continuously manifests Chaotic Motes. These motes channel 3 Cosmic damage into targeted players every 0.5 sec. for 3 sec. When defeated each mote splits into additional motes. After 15 sec the Chaotic Essence dissipates, granting all players 2% increased damage done, 2% increased healing done, and 2% absorbs done for 25 sec. This effect stacks for each Chaotic Mote slain.
- Fated Power: Creation Spark — Charges a player, inflicting 3 Cosmic damage every 1 sec. for 30 sec. This effect stacks. Upon removal this charge jettisons Creation Sparks to nearby locations, infusing players within 0 yards of the impact location, increasing the flow of time by 15%, increasing casting, attack speed, cooldown recharge rate, and periodic tick rates and additionally increasing movement speed by 45% for 20 sec. This effect stacks. If a Creation Spark impacts the ground with no player present to infuse the Creation Spark explodes, inflicting 10 Cosmic damage every 2 sec for 20 sec. This effect stacks.
- Fated Power: Protoform Barrier — Empowers the caster, inflicting 1 Cosmic damage to all players every 3 sec. Upon removal this barrier manifests as one attackable enemy, casting a shared 400 absorb shield with all other enemies for 15 sec. A second unit manifests that also can be healed to reduce the shared shield. Upon expiration the barrier explodes, inflicting 50 Cosmic damage and an additional 5 Cosmic damage every 1 sec. to all players for 8 sec. If broken this effect backfires, inflicting all damage done to each enemy during the barrier as Cosmic damage, and additionally grants all players up to 25% increased damage done, 25% healing done, and 25% increased absorbs done for 40 sec.
- Fated Power: Reconfiguration Emitter — Manifests an attackable enemy which continuously casts. This enemy remains immune to damage until the first successful cast or interrupt. Successful casts inflict 30 Cosmic damage to all players. Every 5 sec. the emitter gains 0% increased damage done. This effect stacks. When successfully interrupted the emitter radiates, inflicting 5 Cosmic damage to all players. Upon defeat this enemy infuses all players with power based on the energy level of the emitter, increasing mastery by up to 10, critical strike chance by up to 10%, versatility by up to 10%, and avoidance by up to 8.
Which affixes are on each Sanctum of Domination boss this week?
Similar to the raids themselves, the boss affixes for Fated raids are on rotation. Let’s check out what our lucky assignments are for the week!
Tarragrue — Fated Power: Reconfiguration Emitter
Eye of the Jailer — Fated Power: Protoform Barrier
The Nine — Fated Power: Chaotic Essence
Remnant of Ner’zhul — Fated Power: Creation Spark
Soulrender Dormazain — Fated Power: Reconfiguration Emitter
Painsmith Raznal — Fated Power: Protoform Barrier
Guardian of the First Ones — Fated Power: Chaotic Essence
Fatescribe Roh-Kalo — Fated Power: Creation Spark
Kel’Thuzad — Fated Power: Reconfiguration Emitter
Sylvanas Windrunner — Fated Power: Protoform Barrier
What item level does each Sanctum of Domination boss drop?
Remember, the item drops from the week’s Fated raid scales up, more so on the final bosses — Kel’thuzad and Sylvanas Windrunner:
- Raid Finder — 265 (from 239) on intro bosses, 272 (from 246) on final bosses
- Normal — 278 (from 252) on intro bosses, 285 (from 259) on final bosses
- Heroic — 291 (from 265) on intro bosses, 297 (from 272) on final bosses
- Mythic — 304 (from 278) on intro bosses, 311 (from 285) on final bosses
Which World Boss is Fated this week?
This week’s Fated World Boss is Mor’geth, Tormentor of the Damned. Find this minion of the Jailer in Desmotaeron, north of the Beastwarrens in the Maw (69.1, 44.2 if you want to be exact). If you’ve upgraded your Chaotic Riftstones, you can teleport from Ve’nari’s Refuge to Perdition Hold, then use the riftstone in Perdition Hold to jump to Desmotaeron. No stone crags or goblin glider magic is needed.
Hunters, this is a fantastic time to get your raid group together for the bow, although the drop is on Normal and up. It almost makes the extensive Sylvanas battle worthwhile! Add in Cosmic Flux (now with a 100% increased drop rate) and it’s a wealth of loot riches.
Updated August 30, 2022
Please consider supporting our Patreon!
Join the Discussion
Blizzard Watch is a safe space for all readers. By leaving comments on this site you agree to follow our commenting and community guidelines.