This week’s Shadowlands Season 4 Fated raid is Castle Nathria, so get out the garlic and wooden stakes
Shadowlands Season 4 continues, and this week’s Fated raid is Castle Nathria, so it’s time to go beat up Sire Denathrius and the rest of castle’s inhabitants for higher ilevel loot. Each of the bosses present in the raid will all have one of the four Fated affixes, more health, do more damage, and drop higher item level loot. But this week, there’s a new twist: you can choose to turn on a second Fated affix for each boss. Using the second affix won’t give you any extra rewards, but it could be fun.
Not familiar with Season 4’s Fated raids? Basically, each week a different raid is Fated, giving each encounter an additional effect that you’ll have to deal with. When you’re storming Castle Nathria these are the different Fated affixes that will be on the bosses:
- Fated Power: Chaotic Essence — Summons a Chaotic Essence which casts Chaotic Destruction, inflicting 799 Cosmic damage to all players if successful. Upon interaction, the essence becomes hostile and instead continuously manifests Chaotic Motes. These motes channel 3 Cosmic damage into targeted players every 0.5 sec. for 3 sec. When defeated each mote splits into additional motes. After 15 sec the Chaotic Essence dissipates, granting all players 2% increased damage done, 2% increased healing done, and 2% absorbs done for 25 sec. This effect stacks for each Chaotic Mote slain.
- Fated Power: Creation Spark — Charges a player, inflicting 3 Cosmic damage every 1 sec. for 30 sec. This effect stacks. Upon removal this charge jettisons Creation Sparks to nearby locations, infusing players within 0 yards of the impact location, increasing the flow of time by 15%, increasing casting, attack speed, cooldown recharge rate, and periodic tick rates and additionally increasing movement speed by 45% for 20 sec. This effect stacks. If a Creation Spark impacts the ground with no player present to infuse the Creation Spark explodes, inflicting 10 Cosmic damage every 2 sec for 20 sec. This effect stacks.
- Fated Power: Protoform Barrier — Empowers the caster, inflicting 1 Cosmic damage to all players every 3 sec. Upon removal this barrier manifests as one attackable enemy, casting a shared 400 absorb shield with all other enemies for 15 sec. A second unit manifests that also can be healed to reduce the shared shield. Upon expiration the barrier explodes, inflicting 50 Cosmic damage and an additional 5 Cosmic damage every 1 sec. to all players for 8 sec. If broken this effect backfires, inflicting all damage done to each enemy during the barrier as Cosmic damage, and additionally grants all players up to 25% increased damage done, 25% healing done, and 25% increased absorbs done for 40 sec.
- Fated Power: Reconfiguration Emitter — Manifests an attackable enemy which continuously casts. This enemy remains immune to damage until the first successful cast or interrupt. Successful casts inflict 30 Cosmic damage to all players. Every 5 sec. the emitter gains 0% increased damage done. This effect stacks. When successfully interrupted the emitter radiates, inflicting 5 Cosmic damage to all players. Upon defeat this enemy infuses all players with power based on the energy level of the emitter, increasing mastery by up to 10, critical strike chance by up to 10%, versatility by up to 10%, and avoidance by up to 8.
Which affixes are on each Castle Nathria boss?
Each week the affixes that are on each boss in Castle Nathria will be different. Sometimes you’ll have a nice easy time dealing with the Reconfiguration Emitter on the Hungering Destroyer, which doesn’t really affect how you’ll play the encounter. Other times you’ll have to deal with the shielding Protoform Barrier messing up your timing on the Sun King Salvation encounter.
Here are the Fated affixes for Castle Nathria for the week of 9/13/2022:
What item level does each Castle Nathria boss drop?
Knowing what to expect from each boss is good, but knowing how powerful your rewards will be is better! The Fated Affix raises all rewards up to a new higher item level that will let you survive the worst that fate throws at you. Keep in mind also that killing Heroic and Mythic bosses will give you Confounding Antique Cypher and Confounding Ancient Cyphers. Collecting 20 of those will let you upgrade one of your season four pieces of gear straight to that item level. Considering using it on the loot from the end bosses for maximum item level results!
- Raid Finder: 265 on intro bosses, 272 from the Stone Legion Generals and Sire Denathrius
- Normal: 278 on intro bosses, 285 from the Stone Legion Generals and Sire Denathrius
- Heroic: 291 on intro bosses, 298 from the Stone Legion Generals and Sire Denathrius
- Mythic: 304 on intro bosses, 311 from the Stone Legion Generals and Sire Denathrius
Which World Boss is Fated this week?
This week’s Fated world boss is Mortanis, the massive skeleton haunting Maldraxxus. Make your way over there for a chance at getting some nice ilevel 285 loot!
For players who clear Castle Nathria on at least Normal difficulty, you’ll be closer to unlocking your Jigglesworth Sr. slimesaber mount. You’ll need to finish all three raids on their fated difficulties to unlock him. Next week we’ll be taking the fight back to Sylvanas in the Fated Sanctum of Domination.
Originally published August 24, 2022; updated September 14, 2022
Please consider supporting our Patreon!
Join the Discussion
Blizzard Watch is a safe space for all readers. By leaving comments on this site you agree to follow our commenting and community guidelines.