Earning Renown with the Loamm Niffen, the newest faction in WoW Dragonflight
Dragonflight patch 10.1 introduced a new race to World of Warcraft, the Niffen — a race of mole creatures that live in Loamm within Zaralek Cavern beneath the Dragon Isles. They are the fifth Renown faction in the Dragonflight expansion and our primary allies during the patch 10.1 storyline. Similar to the other Dragonflight factions, the largest renown and reputation rewards for the Niffen are one-time rewards from story quests while you can repeatedly gain reputation from completing world events and weekly activities.
Right now, the Niffen have 20 Renown levels available and it takes 2500 reputation to move up 1 level. Grinding for renown and reputation is meant to be a time investment but it can become tedious quickly, so to make it easier we’ve highlighted some of the major sources for Niffen reputation that will help you finish the Renown track (or at least help you get what you want).
Weekly and activity reputation sources
- A Worthy Ally: Loamm Niffen is weekly quest unlocked once you complete the 10.1 story quest “Six Hundred Feet Under.” It’s straightforward and asks you to earn 1500 reputation with the Loamm Niffen and can be done passively by completing world quests and zone activities in Zaralek Cavern that reward Niffen reputation. Finishing this quest will give you a Loamm Niffen Commendation that will reward 500 Niffen reputation and Scentsational Niffen Treasures which will give you various loot including a map for Sniffenseeking.
- Sniffenseeking is a new activity in patch 10.1 and involves teaming up with Myrrit on a dig in an instanced location. Completing the dig will give you 250 Niffen Reputation as well as Dragon Isles Supplies and Zaralek Glowspores. Myrrit can hold 3 Dig maps at a time and has a number bubble over his head indicating how many digs left you can complete. You can earn A Lost Dig Map as a reward for completing A Worthy Ally: Loamm Niffen and A Bartered Dig Map can be bought from Ponzo. It remains to be seen if Dig Maps come from other sources.
- Researchers Under Fire is a world event at the Ruins of Drekazera in Zaralek Cavern that will likely arrive with Season 2 on May 9. This event appears to be an hourly rotating timer and while active, you’ll need to complete as many tasks as you can for the Dragonscale Expedition and then kill the final boss. Completing at least three tasks will earn you A Researchers Gift which rewards 250 Niffen Reputation, 15 Unearthed Fragrant Coins, gear, and a chance at the Devourer Lobstrok pet. The rewards structure after the first event completion of the week are unknown at this time but likely gives diminishing returns.
Other reputation sources
Certain item drops, quests, and questlines unrelated to the 10.1 story quests reward a range of Niffen commendations or reputation when you complete them. They’re scattered around Loamm and Glimerogg so keep an eye out.
- Marked Champion — 1000 reputation from Champion’s Rock Bar
- Suss Out the Imposter — 1000 reputation from Gift of the High Redolence
- Incense Gratification — 1000 reputation from Pungent Niffen Incense
- A Glass of Bubbly — 200 reputation
- Liquid Art — 200 reputation
- Crispety Crunchety — 200 reputation
- Deep Cuts — 200 reputation
- Slimy Yet Satisfying — 200 reputation
- Lucky Ducky — 200 reputation
- Flask Manager — 200 reputation
- Good Time Boy — 200 reputation
- Ruby in the Rough — 200 reputation
- Drawing a Blank — 200 reputation
A new Loamm Niffen ambassador, Kayann, can be found in Valdrakken at coordinates (36, 62). Kayann offers weekly profession quests that will increase your Dragon Isles profession skills and gives you 75 Niffen reputation at the same time.
Reputation from world quest item drops
World quests marked by a yellow horn icon reward either a Clanging Dirt Pouch or a Clinking Dirt Pouch, which include a commendation for 25 Niffen Reputation, Unearthed Fragrant Coins, and a varying amount of Dragon Isle Supplies.
Please consider supporting our Patreon!
Join the Discussion
Blizzard Watch is a safe space for all readers. By leaving comments on this site you agree to follow our commenting and community guidelines.