New Timewalking dungeons and more coming in patch 6.2.3
Coming soon to the PTR is a big surprise: World of Warcraft‘s patch 6.2.3, which features Cataclysm-era Timewalking dungeons (plus a new Timewalking dungeon for both the Burning Crusade and Wrath eras), the chance to get a new Infinite Timereaver mount (above) from Timewalking bosses, cross-realm Mythic raiding, Valor points for Heroic and Mythic dungeons (which can be used to purchase ilvl upgrades for gear), a Grove Warden mount for defeating Heroic or Mythic Archimonde (meaning it will not be a store mount), Arena Season 3 (with new gear ranging from ilvl 715 to 740), and rewards up to ilvl 695 for players in Tanaan and 725 for players running Mythics.
Looking at all of these changes… I have to say I didn’t expect this. Valor points? Valor points? Though it isn’t yet on the PTR, let’s dig in to just what this new patch will have to offer players.
So what is Blizzard up to with this bevy of changes? Clearly, they’re trying to stretch out Warlords‘ content and give us something more to do while we wait for Legion by giving us more reasons to run dungeons and new upgrades to grind for. The dungeons in Warlords have long felt like their rewards weren’t worth the time it took to run them, leaving them deserted as LFR wings rolled out. With Valor points offering ilvl upgrades, there’s an all new reason to go back to visit dungeons (and raids) to eek out a few more ilvls. Mythic raiding itself may be a bit easier with the addition of cross-realm — as well as improving players’ ilvl — which will invite more players into this level of content.
Beyond the same old ilvl grind, however, we have the new Timewalking dungeons. Sure, it’s recycled content (and another ilvl grind), but Timewalking has proven to be a lot of fun and I’m looking forward to checking out the latest dungeons. Cataclysm Timewalking will bring us Grim Batol, Stonecore, Lost City of Tol’vir, The Vortex Pinnacle, Throne of Tides, and End Time, while Magister’s Terrace is joining the Burning Crusade lineup and Pit of Saron is joining the Wrath lineup.
New Timewalking Dungeons
- A new Cataclysm Timewalking Bonus Event has been added to the holiday rotation, featuring the following dungeons:
- End Time
- Grim Batol
- Lost City of Tol’vir
- The Vortex Pinnacle
- Throne of Tides
- The existing Burning Crusade and Wrath of the Lich King Timewalking events have been expanded to include an additional dungeon each:
- Magister’s Terrace (Burning Crusade)
- Pit of Saron (Wrath of the Lich King)
- New rare mount: Infinite Timereaver, has been added as a random drop from any Timewalking boss.
- Added a vendor near the Cataclysm portals in Stormwind and Orgrimmar during the Cataclysm Timewalking Bonus Event that sells modernized Cataclysm gear and cool new toys.
Cross-Realm Mythic Raiding
- Cross-Realm raiding has been enabled for Hellfire Citadel on Mythic difficulty. You’ll now be able to join with friends or fill that last raid spot to take on the most difficult encounters in Warlords of Draenor.
Item Upgrades and Valor are back!
- Item upgrades are back! Players will be able to earn and spend Valor to upgrade items from Hellfire Citadel, items created from Baleful tokens in Tanaan Jungle, and all Draenor dungeon drops. All the items you’ve already earned are eligible for upgrades retroactively.
- Characters can earn Valor in a number of ways.
- Completing the first random Heroic Dungeon of the day
- Completing Mythic Dungeons
- Completing weekly Bonus Event quests
- Completing a Raid Finder wing for Highmaul, Blackrock Foundry, or Hellfire Citadel for the first time each week.
- To upgrade, visit your friendly neighborhood ethereal in Orgrimmar and Stormwind, or Stormshield and Warspear to upgrade your gear by 5 item levels at a time, up to twice per item, for a total potential boost of 10 item levels.
Improved Item Rewards
Mythic Dungeon Loot Improvements
- Mythic Dungeons now have a chance to award items ranging from item level 685 to 725 in 5-item-level increments, with a progressively lower chance as item level increases.
- Mythic Dungeon bosses now also have a chance to drop a new Heirloom Trinket that will scale up to level 110.
Baleful Item Level Boost
- Baleful items now have a chance to create items ranging in quality from item level 655 to 695 in 5-item-level increments, with a progressively lower chance as item level increases.
Warlords Season 3
- Around the release of Patch 6.2.3, a transition to Warlords Season 3 will take place. More information and details on the close of Warlords Season 2 and transition to the new season will be available in the future.
- With the new season comes new gear. New Warmongering Aspirant gear scales up to PvP item level 715, Warmongering Combatant gear scales to 730, and Warmongering Gladiator gear scales to 740.
Raids and Dungeons
- Defeating Archimonde on Heroic difficulty or higher will reward players with a mysterious fragment of dark power that begins a quest which will lead to the Grove Warden mount.
- Increased the drop rates of Felblight from Skinning, Mining, Herbalism, and Fishing by about 20%.
Please consider supporting our Patreon!
Join the Discussion
Blizzard Watch is a safe space for all readers. By leaving comments on this site you agree to follow our commenting and community guidelines.