Everything that’s new in the latest 7.3 build
Another PTR build for patch 7.3 is here yet again. It has a slew of updates and new shiny things for Argus. Of particular note are both the new faction on Argus — which has several mount rewards at revered — and the new dungeon, the Seat of the Triumvirate, which is now available for testing.
(Note: Minor spoilers ahead.)
- Frost Death Knight changes have gone up, as well as various minor changes for other classes. Wowhead lists all the class changes in full.
- Some legendary procs have been adjusted.
- Many tier 21 bonuses have been updated, replacing the placeholder values that were present in the last build.
Argussian Reach faction
We have a new faction on Argus, the Argussian Reach. The rewards are more exciting than previously introduced factions and hearken back to the old days when grinding faction reputation rewarded mounts. And trust me, there are plenty of mounts (and a tabard) to be had — The Argussian Reach has seven mounts associated with it:
- Maddened Chaosrunner
- Reins of the Amethyst Ruinstrider
- Reins of the Beryl Ruinstrider
- Reins of the Cerulean Ruinstrider
- Reins of the Russet Ruinstrider
- Reins of the Sable Ruinstrider
- Reins of the Umber Ruinstrider
Those aren’t the only new mounts
- That really creepy (Editor’s note: you mean ‘awesome’) Shackled Ur’zul mount now has a drop location: It’s one of the rewards from the final boss of the Antorus raid on Mythic difficulty. A good reward for what is likely the most difficult encounter of the expansion? Debatable. Though I suppose we should count ourselves lucky, as there are ways to make it creepier.
- New PVP mounts: Alliance Vicious War Fox and Horde Vicious War Fox.
- New Mana Rays: Darkspore Mana Ray, Felglow Mana Ray, Lambent Mana Ray, Scintillating Mana Ray, and Vibrant Mana Ray.
- Antoran Gloomhound (or possibly Antoran Charhound)
- Lightforged Warframe
- Vile Fiend
Professions and gear
- Token items like [PH] Token Plate Greaves were found, which are similar to the armor sets from the Timeless Isle, which allowed gear catch-ups for alts.
- New item name, Lightforged, that could be a new version of Titanforged.
- New mass profession recipes for Inscription and Jewelcrafting, for a new herb and ore, respectively: Technique: Mass Mill Astral Glory and Design: Mass Prospect Empyrium
- Two new factions were added to the emissary rotation: Armies of Legionfall on the Broken Shore and Army of the Light on Argus.
- The final area of Argus has been added, in addition to the previous two, Mac’Aree and Krokuun.
- Our mission tables have new missions for Argus, as well as new mission troops and catch-up mechanics.
- New broadcast text and voiceovers are in the files.
- New PVP achievements for Legion Season 5, including end-of-season ladder achievements and winning 100 Arena (3v3) or 40 Rated Battlegrounds.
- New raid achievements for Antorus, the Burning Throne, including wing completion boss kills and glory of the raider requirements.
- Broken Isles: Envision Invasion Eradication and Invasion Obliteration.
- Fishing: Fishing ‘Round the Isles, which requires completing 20 of the fishing world quests.
The Seat of the Triumvirate
The new 5-player dungeon, The Seat of the Triumvirate, is now on the PTR for testing. The dungeon is inhabited by Void creatures and the Naaru L’ura who had helped Velen and the Draenei escape Argus and has since fallen into the void state. Our goal is to acquire the Crest of Knowledge to make the Crown of the Triumvirate whole once again, in order to take on the Burning Throne itself.
New artifact empowerment system
The Netherlight Crucible is a new way to empower your artifact. It’s intended to allow players more customization through relics and talent trees as your Artifact weapon gets stronger by adding relic effects and increasing the item level. Wowhead posted a very early preview of the system. While it’s definitely still a work in progress and has some bugs, they’re also taking feedback regarding the upgrade effects and pacing. This new Artifact system is in addition to the Artifact Knowledge changes that also went on the PTR in an earlier build.
In addition to the new caster animations, the latest build adds one more that should make some Hunters happy. Female Blood Elf Hunters get their bows and guns fixed. Wowhead’s video shows the new attack animations and how they compare with the current ones on live.
Which of the above are you most excited about?
Please consider supporting our Patreon!
Join the Discussion
Blizzard Watch is a safe space for all readers. By leaving comments on this site you agree to follow our commenting and community guidelines.