WoW Secrets Discord and Petopia community discover Panthara pet taming
It only took less than four whole days for the Petopia and secret-finding communities to figure out the way to tame the new Panthara pets. There were plenty of new Hunter pets added to Argus in patch 7.3, but they’re apparently not so simple as just clicking the Tame Beast button. With the Panthara, you need to entice them.
You may have noticed the Chitinous Cragscaler Talbuks around the roads in Krokuun, where they bleat at you when you run past. These and other talbuks on Argus have a small chance to drop Fresh Talbuk Meat, which Panthara really like. It’s a white quality item, so you can also trade or buy it off the Auction House, but since it’s now known to be in demand, prices may be exorbitant. You’ll need 1 Fresh Talbuk Meat per Panthara you wish to tame and there are six different colors.
- Indigo: Duskcloak Panthara, found in Krokuun at the Black Gorge (45, 53).
- Silver-Blue: Duskcloak Alpha, found in Krokuun at the Black Gorge (45, 53).
- Yellow: Panthara Apex or Panthara Stalker, found in Krokuun outside the Petrified Forest (60, 65).
- Green: Trench Stalker, found in Antoran Wastes at the Den of Dispair (66, 44).
- Purple: Panthara Shadowfang, found in Mac’Aree (opens next week).
- Blue-Grey: Manafeeder Panthara or Shadowseeker Panthara, found in Mac’Aree (opens next week).
You can throw the Fresh Talbuk Meat on top of the Panthara if it’s not in combat. Or you can use a Freezing Trap, Feign Death, and then throw the meat to tame the Panthara. WoW Petopia has the full guide on how to tame the new pets here, but if visual guides are more your thing, Alphariana also made a video for the optimal path.
Please consider supporting our Patreon!
Join the Discussion
Blizzard Watch is a safe space for all readers. By leaving comments on this site you agree to follow our commenting and community guidelines.