Mythic Antorus brings with it the obligatory round of class buffs and nerfs
The Mythic and LFR difficulties of Antorus open up tomorrow, which means it’s time for the initial round of class tuning that we’re accustomed to seeing a week after a raid’s release. This is nothing new, and there’s a good chance we’ll see more class tuning once the World of Warcraft team has some data from Mythic difficulty. Until then, however, we have to contend with tomorrow’s changes.
And how well you contend will depend on what you play. Shadow Priests and Affliction Warlocks are having their damage nerfed, while Outlaw Rogues are getting a straight-up buff to all of their abilities. Meanwhile, half the game’s classes will see some change or another to their Tier-21 set bonuses. These are a little more complicated than flat ability nerfs, so it’s worth checking out the full notes below if you play a Druid, Hunter, Monk, Rogue, Warlock, or Warrior. Everyone else, you’re safe… for now.
Please note: None of these changes will make it easier to escape the Elevator of Death. Nothing can ever stop the Elevator of Death.
Update: Planned hotfix changes to Convergence of Fates for Warriors and Hunters have been scratched. All other changes are still valid.
- Vampiric Touch and Shadow Word: Pain damage reduced by 12%.
- All other abilities increased by 3%.
- All damage abilities increased by 4%.
- Corruption and Agony damage reduced 6%
- Unstable Affliction damage reduced 4%
- Stormheart Raiment 4-piece – Starsurge and Starfall now increase your Haste by 2% (was 3%), stacking up to 4 times (was 5).
- Beast Mastery
- Serpentstalker Guise 4-piece – Kill Command now reduces the cooldown of Aspect of the Wild by 2.5 seconds (was 1.5 seconds).
When both Convergence of Fates and Serpentstalker Guise 4-piece are equipped, the value of the 4-piece set bonus will be reduced.
- Serpentstalker Guise 4-piece – Marked Shot now has a 50% chance (was 30%) to fire an extra Marked shot at up to 3 additional targets.
- Beast Mastery
- Chi-Ji’s Battle Gear 4-piece – Dodging an attack now reduces the remaining cooldown of Breath of Fire by 2.0 seconds (was 1.0 seconds).
- Regalia of the Dashing Scoundrel 4-piece – Your Deadly or Wound Poison critical strike now generate 3 Energy (was 2 Energy).
- Regalia of the Dashing Scoundrel 4-piece – Backstab and Shadowstrike now have a 4% chance (was 3%) to grant Shadow Gestures.
- Diabolic Raiment 4-piece – Spending a Soul Shard now has a chance to grant you 10% Haste (was 15%).
- Grim Inquisitor’s Regalia 4-piece – Unstable Affliction and Seed of Corruption now increase the damage targets take from your Agony and Corruption by 15% (was 10%).
- Grim Inquisitor’s Regalia 4-piece – Demonic Empowerment now causes your Dreadstalkers to immediately cast another Dreadbite with 75% increased damage (was 50%).
- Titanic Onslaught Armor 4-piece – The amount of bonus Mortal Strike damage events has been reduced to 2 during Bladestorm (was 3), and 1 during Ravager (was 2).
When both Convergence of Fates and Juggernaut Battlegear 4-piece are equipped, the value of the 4-piece set bonus will be reduced.
As always, we’re keeping a very close eye on performance across all specs. Thank you very much for your feedback!
Please consider supporting our Patreon!
Join the Discussion
Blizzard Watch is a safe space for all readers. By leaving comments on this site you agree to follow our commenting and community guidelines.