Soon, you’ll be able to solo-queue for Legion LFR for mounts, toys, and more
Battle for Azeroth brought us many transmog and legacy loot changes, one of which was the ability to get full loot from all the LFR raids from previous expansions. Not many players knew that you could already queue up for past expansions’ LFR by yourself, since you had to go to a dedicated NPC for each raid. However, it seems like Legion LFRs were accidentally left out.
This might be due to the fact that Legion raids were specifically excluded from all legacy loot changes, since for some strange reason the WoW devs assume that we want to go through the horror of PUG-ing old content. Since full groups for old LFRs isn’t really a thing, they’re going to rectify that. In patch 8.1, Tides of Vengeance, you’ll be able to solo queue for Legion LFRs for all that sweet cosmetic loot.
If you’re wondering what’s so great about Legion LFR loot, here is a list of the cosmetic things you can get:
- Transmog: Legion raids had the last class tier sets and a lot of them are really pretty. They can also still be used in Timewalking.
- Mounts: The Abyss Worm has a chance to drop from Mistress Sassz’ine in Tomb of Sargeras and the Antoran Charhound can drop from Felhounds of Sargeras in Antorus, the Burning Throne.
- Pet: Nightmare Whelpling from Ysondre/Dragons of Nightmare in The Emerald Nightmare.
- Toys: Golden Hearthstone Card: Lord Jaraxxus and the Demon Hunter-only toy Skull of Corruption from Gul’dan in The Nighthold. A quest to start Memory Cube drops from Chronomatic Anomaly in The Nighthold.
- Weapon enchant illusions: Illusion: Nightmare from Xavius in The Emerald Nightmare and Illusion: Chronos from Chronomatic Anomaly in The Nighthold.
- Hidden Artifact Weapon appearances: Druid Mark of the Glade Guardian and Hunter Last Breath of the Forest from Ursoc, Monk Breath of the Undying Serpent from Ysondre, and Priest Claw of N’Zoth from Il’gynoth, all in The Emerald Nightmare. Mage The Stars’ Design can also drop from the trash mobs inside The Nighthold.
On the PTR, the queue is currently bugged and is not working, so no word yet on whether the legacy loot changes that drop full loot tables will work for Legion LFR as well. When it does come, however, you won’t need to work hard to find the NPC to queue. Just go to Archmage Timear outside The Violet Hold in Legion Dalaran. He’s the same guy who had the weekly event quests.
Please consider supporting our Patreon!
Join the Discussion
Blizzard Watch is a safe space for all readers. By leaving comments on this site you agree to follow our commenting and community guidelines.