How to get flying in patch 8.2, for once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk Azeroth with your eyes turned skyward
Leonardo da Vinci was referencing Earth in the popular quotation, but the feeling in Azeroth is no less true. With a multitude of mounts in patch 8.2 — live now — comes the need to know how to fly. It’s been fun for me to wander around Kul Tiras and Zandalar while really getting to know the area, but I want to take to the skies.
To do that, we’re going to have to finish the Battle for Azeroth Pathfinder: Part Two achievement.
Here’s what you need to know
- First of all, you MUST have the Battle for Azeroth Pathfinder: Part One achievement. If you still need that, here’s our guide to finishing that major first step.
- You’ll need to be revered with the Rustbolt Resistance in Mechagon and either the Ankoan faction for Alliance or the Unshackled faction for Horde. Both of these are from Nazjatar.
- Finally, you’re going to need to explore both Mechagon and Nazjatar.
- Once you obtain Pathfinder: Part Two, you’ll receive the Mechanical Parrot mount shown above.
Ways to increase reputation to get the achievement
- Scribes should find the quartermaster for all three factions and pick up the contracts. These provide a weekly experience buff which will be a help in getting to revered.
- Get to the Darkmoon Faire and ride the carousel or roller coaster. Reputation is increased by 10% for one hour. If you have enough Darkmoon Prize Tickets, buy a Darkmoon Top Hat. While the reputation increase off the carousel or coaster does not stack with the top hat, you can use the hat right after your amusement ride buff wears out. This means you can continue to explore without stopping to return to the faire to replenish the buff. It’s the same 10% granted. Hats cost 10 ride tickets and stack up to 20. The Faire is always the first full week of the month.
- Every 7 weeks, the World Quest Bonus Event shows up. You’re given the passive Sign of the Emissary and the reputation gains are 50%.
- Currently, there are items from Island Expeditions which can drop or be purchased for Dubloons. These grant 250 rep and it’s fair to expect items from the new factions to come from the Expeditions.
- The absolute best way to gain rep is to do the quests and explore the zone. You’re going to need to explore anyway. The new World Quests from the zone combined with simply poking around and seeing what’s over this hill or around this bend will get you a big chunk of what you need toward revered.
Finally, in all the list of upcoming mounts, the bee mount is still merely speculation. We’ll be seeing Mechanocat Laser Pointers with dye tints, Snapdragon Kelpstalkers, the Blacksmithing and Engineering profession mount, and reputation mounts such as the Voldunai Dunscraper and the Proudmoore Sea Scout. The best information on the bee mount however, is a datamined possible quest involving Bumbles and finding someone who speaks bee.
So hie thee to either Mechagon or Nazjatar and get exploring. It’s the quickest way to take to the skies.
Please consider supporting our Patreon!
Join the Discussion
Blizzard Watch is a safe space for all readers. By leaving comments on this site you agree to follow our commenting and community guidelines.